Sign in to follow this  
X'Nor

Materials Allowed/Disallowed

Can we get a confirmed list of materials that are okay and materials that are NO-kay for any new players looking/making garb and/or accessories? After searching through dozens of pages I see a general consensus that wool, cotton, leather, canvas, linen, linen looking material is okay and then basically synthetic and modern patterns are a no-no. Some information doesn't line up with each other that well either or important bits are too scattered. Just looking for a consolidated list that's updated for everyone.

Thanks a plenty! ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

Nothing is specifically disallowed. Somethings are better than others, but if you wanna make your garb from synthetics that don't breathe or insulate, that's up to you. Now, things that look obtrusively modern will be disallowed - but there's no way we can give you an exhaustive list. 

If it would look out of place in Game of Thrones, or the LotR movies, it's probably no good.

X'Nor, If you have fabric that you have any question on, it's probably a no go. That said, if you find something that you like and want a confirmation before you purchase it, you are welcome to contact me here on the forums or Facebook.

Thanks guys!

I was primary looking for a general consensus on the material for any garb or accessories that new person might be looking for and then some general questions on some things. I understand you can't post a list for everything as that would be insane but as long as it fits in those realms and it doesn't look to modern it can get it okay is what I'm getting from it. Dustan I'll probably contact you directly on some fickle questions. I appreciate the high-garb standards that are set and always want to make sure that I can follow suite best I can!  

Stick to wools and linens and silks with no prints and you're excellent.

Stick to cottons with no prints and you're acceptable. 

Stick to synthetic fabrics and you'll die frozen to death in the woods. 

6 hours ago, hivemind said:

Stick to wools and linens and silks with no prints and you're excellent.

Stick to cottons with no prints and you're acceptable. 

Stick to synthetic fabrics and you'll die frozen to death in the woods. 

Thanks this will be helpful! Don't worry about wintertime, I'm pretty well prepared for the climate; questions are more directed at a general play.