Sign in to follow this  
Teyvahrukt

Some might call this junk. Me, I call them potential LARP pieces

Forgive the Skyrim inspired title, but it fits my usual mindset about going through things.

Anyways, been forever since I last posted here.  Since real life is currently keeping me from joining as soon as I'd like, I've been spending my time trying to develop costumes and collect things for both NPC and PC playing (fingers crossed for March!).  And so far, I've got a lovely little collection started that I'd like to share, mostly to see if any of it is appropriate or anything else.  Trust me, as I do some needed sorting of old boxes, this list of potential items will be added to.

As of 11/22/17, this is the collection I have started (pardon the messy bed in the background):

tumblr_ozujw9hPQ31wil2abo1_540.jpg

-An old sake set, I think.  Had this for a few years and forgot about it.

-Mortar and pestle, only ever used it once for grinding up dried sage.

-Two different Chinese coins, one with a monkey and the other with a dragon.

-A Celtic wheel pendant that I thought I'd lost. 

-The dragon pendant that I purchased some time ago.

-A random piece of metal embossed with floral designs.  I think this was part of an old serving tray or something.

-Amethyst point pendant, and a random gold chain.  Pretty if nothing else.

-Three of four bellydancing finger cymbals.

-Blue glass orb, slightly broken on one side.

-Glass diamond paperweight.  Also pretty.

-Three old-fashioned glass perfume vials, I think.  They have plastic screw-on lids with small holes in them that I intend to replace with corks.

UPDATE 11/28/17:

tumblr_p05eybM5NU1wil2abo1_540.jpg

-An old candle stick of some kind.  Got this as a gift forever ago and never used it.  The arms spin around though so I have to find a way to stop that.

-Antique silver candy bowl, missing its handles.  This is actually what I use to hold my D&D dice and on occasion jewelry.

-Chinese dragon bell thing.  Another thing I've had since forever.

-What I think is a glass vinegar bottle, sans the cork.  The wrapping was done before the photo.

-Two ceramic pots, one with a lid and the other without.  Part of a set that I got at a yard sale (gotta gather up the rest of it once I find them)

-Hourglass, another yard sale find.  Someone had painted it a really ugly silver before I got it, so I gave it a few coats of black to make it neater.  Still need to clean the glass part.

-Two woven scarves.  Got these as Salvation Army a while ago because I'm a sucker for soft fabrics.  The pink and blue one has a nice Persian rug-like pattern woven on it (in fact I used it to cover up the ugly hat-box lid I displayed my first batch of things on). (EDIT: Found out these are pashmina scarves after much internet hunting.  Very much hoping to find more of these when I go hunting at thrift stores again!)

-Okay so this piece was made yesterday.  It's the brass bits of an old belt that was falling apart, so I took two of the rings and some of the weird slidey bits and made this little thing with a piece of leather I had lying around.  Probably going to use it to help expand a sash or something.

Well, that's it for now.  Just wanted to share these, and archive my dragon hoard collection of odds and ends as I work towards my first PC.

*Not Staff so I can't technically comment on the appropriateness of your lovely objects, but I adore them all!

Many thanks ^^  I figured I'd share everything I find here in case anything isn't exactly usable, plus it's funny what I've been finding thanks to going through old boxes.

Hello Ricky, I am Dustan, Props and Atmosphere Second. From your pictures everything looks good. My only concerns are the coins/metal discs? and the pink gem? Mostly for reason of being confused with gems that hold value in our game.

48 minutes ago, Dustan said:

Hello Ricky, I am Dustan, Props and Atmosphere Second. From your pictures everything looks good. My only concerns are the coins/metal discs? and the pink gem? Mostly for reason of being confused with gems that hold value in our game.

Good to know.  Like I said this is just a collection of things I've found that I think are usable, so knowing if anything's an issue ahead of time helps.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this