Sign in to follow this  
Kender

NEW RULES WIKI

http://www.kingdomsofnovitas.net/wiki/

Thanks to several hundred hours of work by Ryan Green and some of the other KoN staff, all the KoN rules are now in an updated wiki and hosted on our own site!

Take a look, browse around.  These are 98% accurate and since it's a wiki we'll be making fixes as we run into things!

Yaaaaaaaay!

-Rules Team

THANK YOU ALL for you work on this.  

Is this now the source to go by for rules?

If anyone has any feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

5 hours ago, Lady Vinyl said:

THANK YOU ALL for you work on this.  

Is this now the source to go by for rules?

Yes, as this will stay up to date. If you find anything off/wrong, rules/staff know and it should be corrected. 

7 hours ago, Ryan Staring said:

Yes, as this will stay up to date. If you find anything off/wrong, *LET* rules/staff know and it should be corrected. 

<3 you Ryan!!!!

Was looking through the wiki on Sunday when I got home (prepping preproduction for February). It looks AMAZING.

Hooray!! Thank you, Ryan and everyone else! What a great resource.

While I was looking through it, I did notice one tiny omission: in the "Game Status: In-Game and Out-Of-Game" section (and also in the "Learn to Play" section, which quotes it),  the wiki does cover neon orange tags and making "whoosh" noises, but it doesn't mention the visual out-of-game cue, ie putting your hand/weapon horizontally over your head. Pretty basic stuff, but I think in the newbie section at least it should probably be mentioned, right?

If you guys want another pair of hands for editing, or you want me to keep looking for discrepancies or anything, let me know! I've got some editing experience under my belt and an eye for detail, and I'd be happy to help however you'd like. :)

2 hours ago, DekuBaka said:

While I was looking through it, I did notice one tiny omission: in the "Game Status: In-Game and Out-Of-Game" section (and also in the "Learn to Play" section, which quotes it),  the wiki does cover neon orange tags and making "whoosh" noises, but it doesn't mention the visual out-of-game cue, ie putting your hand/weapon horizontally over your head. Pretty basic stuff, but I think in the newbie section at least it should probably be mentioned, right?

Funny story, and a big part of why I made this wiki (conflicting information): having your arm over your head doesn't officially mean being out of character.  It's a holdover from other systems that people frequently use, but it isn't actually a rule in this game. 

As for looking for discrepancies please let me know, I'm sure there are errors still in there to be found, and I am looking forward to fixing them.  Plus there are a lot of things just like this out there that need to be addressed in some way.

So, I noticed that missile weapons (crossbows and bows) you can divide your damage in half and use the "pierce" ability.  Is that not also true for throwing weapons when you have thrown weapon master?

Thrown weapons are a different beast entirely. The power behind a thrown weapon wouldn't be as much as that of a bolt or arrow. Thus the thrown weapons cannot exceed 2 damage nor receive the pierce effect. (This is my understanding and logic, I'm not rules.)

7 hours ago, Lady Vinyl said:

So, I noticed that missile weapons (crossbows and bows) you can divide your damage in half and use the "pierce" ability.  Is that not also true for throwing weapons when you have thrown weapon master?

Correct, it is only a rule for bows (and the crossbow).  This was done to buff those weapons slightly and give them a little more versatility.

I can understand that.  Thank you, gentlemen.

On 12/14/2017 at 4:19 PM, RyanG said:

Funny story, and a big part of why I made this wiki (conflicting information): having your arm over your head doesn't officially mean being out of character.  It's a holdover from other systems that people frequently use, but it isn't actually a rule in this game. 

Funny story about funny stories: due to a miscommunication it turns out that the out of character gesture of arm over head IS official, but other hand gestures are not.  I'll be adding that to the wiki this weekend.  Good catch.