Sign in to follow this  
thunderstave

RP Skill Advancement

Big news! Plot and Continuity will be meeting in the coming month to review submissions for individual RP Skill advancement.

What are the RP Skills?

RP Skills are the closest thing we have to a dedicated character class. They grant access to certain kinds of story and let us in P&C know that you want to be involved in these longer mini-meta-plots that often span between multiple groups across several games. They also include access to unique abilities that go outside the bounds of many basic skills and abilities in the rule set. The RP Skills are Chosen, Druid, Medium, Merchant, and Status.

You may only apply for one level of an RP Skill each cycle, and we only run two cycles per year. The current limit is two RP Skills per character with a total of seven ranks between them, secondary skill currently capped at two ranks. If you don't quite have enough to convince the relevant staff you've earned another rank yet, that's ok. Just be sure to include your accomplishments for the past cycle when you apply again over our summer break.

Friendly reminder: We care about what you've done IC at game during play sessions, and between characters most. Free writing in blogs isn't considered as part of your advancement.

Anyone wishing to advance in a RP Skill or gain an RP skill for your character please PM myself or Nomerebutterfly (Amanda)  your request as follows:

Player Name:

PC Name:

Current RP Skills (Level):

Why advancement or new skill?: Please highlight plot interactions, PC-to-PC interactions, character history, and any other relevant information to help us understand the whys of approval/advancement.

Plot will meet to discuss so please get your requests in by Thursday, January the 25th  at 11:59 PM.

Good luck to all our applicants! We look forward to hearing from you.

7 hours ago, thunderstave said:

You may only apply for one level of an RP Skill each cycle, and we only run two cycles per year. The current limit is two RP Skills per character with a total of seven ranks between them, secondary skill currently capped at two ranks. If you don't quite have enough to convince the relevant staff you've earned another rank yet, that's ok. Just be sure to include your accomplishments for the past cycle when you apply again over our summer break.

So, if I am wanting Medium level one and Merchant to go from level one to level two, could I be entering one level for each of those in this cycle or is it just one RP level per cycle? 

5 hours ago, Lady Vinyl said:

So, if I am wanting Medium level one and Merchant to go from level one to level two, could I be entering one level for each of those in this cycle or is it just one RP level per cycle? 

One each.

Guest Benjamin Weeg C Cloudbank

Player Name: Benjamin Weeg 

PC Name: Crispin Cloudbank 

Current RP Skills (Level): Merchant 1

I'd like to advance to merchant 2

The Cloudbanks are a family of merchants. I'm the official merchant for the Rhinos. I've been using the bazaar and am arranging with some of the other merchants to revitalize it into something amazing! "Please" there I've even said please! :rolleyes:

In the case of making a new character that I would like an RP skill approval for, should I do that now event though it might be a few months to bring the character in or should I wait until I am done ready to bring him in?

18 hours ago, John Spencer aka Flint said:

In the case of making a new character that I would like an RP skill approval for, should I do that now event though it might be a few months to bring the character in or should I wait until I am done ready to bring him in?

You want this character to start with a Lvl 1 RP Skill walking in?

On 1/9/2018 at 10:50 AM, thunderstave said:

You want this character to start with a Lvl 1 RP Skill walking in?

I don't have an answer for that yet, gotta see how much xp I have for him coming in but it would be nice to do so.