Sign in to follow this  
Gil

What happened!

It’s a quiet night in Maplewood as you find a bench in the Jenny. Looking around you see the same old familiar faces looking back at yours with a heartfelt smile. One of the staff members working at the Jenny asks you if your hungry. You go to answer but before the words leave your mouth, orcs starts streaming in, one bye one. Magic spells are weaved, swoards are drawn, and after a few minutes the orcs lay lifeless on the ground. 

What happend? Is the question, a question expressed on everyone’s face. Before any possible answers could be formulated, an elder runs in the Jenny, tripping over the orcs body’s.  

The Helix is down!! Yells the Elder. The Jenny breaks out with questions. “What do you mean” shouts one person. “Is that possible?” Shouts another. QUITE shouts a voice from a short man. What do you mean elderman. 

There has been so much going on that we forgot to do the ritual. See the Helix requires magic to stay active. We need to reactivate as soon as possible. 

Would it it be cool if there was an annually event to power the helix. 

I think having players actively interact with the function of the helix would sit better with a lot of players. As it is now it’s passive and we have no control over things. 

Im thinking each shift needs to dump x amount of magic into the helix. This could be in the form of magic items, scrolls, magic from players and maybe even travelers willing to aid their magic for some coin. 

It adds an element of danger as the users magic and items are expended. Maybe during the event leylines only gives back half magic points due to the dark three sensing it weakness. Shady players can also try to prevent the HELIX ritual from succeeding by hiring unsavory people to steal, kill or what ever. I think this adds a much needed element to the game.

What are yah thoughts. 

I think that without knowing what the Helix actually is, there's no real way to have a discussion about this among the players.  I trust Plot to maintain the continuity of the Helix, what it is, how it behaves, etc. 

2 minutes ago, MKW said:

I think that without knowing what the Helix actually is, there's no real way to have a discussion about this among the players.  I trust Plot to maintain the continuity of the Helix, what it is, how it behaves, etc. 

I mean what it does changes all the time. So making it involve us would be better then big brother aspect. Imo 

WHERE it is changes.  I know for a fact that Plot has fleshed out the behind the scenes working of it.  I trust them to maintain that continuity.  What you're suggesting is essentially a re-write of the whole she-bang to make it something different and more to your liking.  

I think Onyx should spend time in game researching the Helix :)