Sign in to follow this  
X'Nor

Trap Requirements/Upgrading

Dual post for traps.

Tried combing through the forums and wiki a bit and didn't find anything to specific to what I was looking at or if I did it was pretty old so just wanna make sure things are still relevant. Traps - I'm assuming the outside has to pass P&A but do the inside mechanical have to stay period? I know one part that is popular is the electronic buzzers only because it's sure way to tell a PC or NPC that a trap is set off but is the other components of the trap have to be period or can they be composed of modern materials as well up to a certain limit? Also, if anyone has a reliable link for the buzzers I'd appreciate that as well.

Another question, if you have a level one trap are you able to upgrade it to the next level or do you need to make an entirely new trap all together? 

1) Your aesthetic goal here: to be discrete.  Yes you can use modern electronics; I do not see how you could do it otherwise. But, it is optimal to hide as much as possible.

2) What your looking for is a piezo buzzer. Personally, I prefer the ones that can run off a single double A. The ones I use have a Voltage range and can function safely on several battery types. A 9V is as loud as a fire alarm, going down to a single double A keeps it loud enough that it is known/won't be missed, but not "HEY EVERYONE ON SITE! I SET OFF A TRAP!"

On 6/17/2018 at 12:31 PM, Dustan said:

1) Your aesthetic goal here: to be discrete.  Yes you can use modern electronics; I do not see how you could do it otherwise. But, it is optimal to hide as much as possible.

2) What your looking for is a piezo buzzer. Personally, I prefer the ones that can run off a single double A. The ones I use have a Voltage range and can function safely on several battery types. A 9V is as loud as a fire alarm, going down to a single double A keeps it loud enough that it is known/won't be missed, but not "HEY EVERYONE ON SITE! I SET OFF A TRAP!"

This post is now part of the traps description in the wiki.