Sign in to follow this  
Rob Mahardy

Catapults and other stuff

Hey guys, as a bunch of you already know Camp Kingsley’s Summer Cub Scout Camp theme this year is knights. Several folk who came to the spring work day expressed interest in helping out with ideas, craft demos, setting up tents, etc. July has freight-trained up on me and I’m playing a bit of catch-up so I apologize for not getting this info out sooner.

Our summer season is 3 weeks Wed-Sun July 11-15, 18-22, 25-29. We run program for 5-11 year olds. If you had a skill, talent, etc.  (thinking probably more craft, music, artisan) for that age group you were interested in sharing let me know what you have in mind. (Dave, let me know if we can do it through replies in this thread or if you need to coordinate, however that needs to work logistically, etc.)

On July 7, 8, 9 our staff will be doing most of the decorating, program planning, set-up, etc. We also plan on building 1 or 2 catapults (possibly onager style) on that Sun (7/8) afternoon. For those we could always use some additional manual labor if anyone is available. If the weather cooperates Sat night (7/7 9:30/10ish) we are also going to drag the screen out and watch Princess Bride and Holy Grail under the stars.

Thanks,

Rob Mahardy

CK Camp Director

Feel free to use the forums here Rob.

Wooooo!!!!

I think i can help do set up and stuff the 7th and 8th.

I can also weave... Kinda.

I am also not entirely helpless with a hammer!

Rob - will KoN volunteers be able to sleep in one of the cabins this coming weekend?

Amy,

Yes, probably Harden off the parking lot. I can put folks up there Sat night and Sun if need be.

If more than 5 or 6 people coming, I need to know to adjust for food.

Rob

I have made a post to get an idea of numbers, I'm guessing at least 3 as many as 10. I plan on attending as long as work permits it. 

My wife and I will be there for sure Saturday into Sunday.  And we can bring food!  

Thanks guys. I will check this later tonight then. See yu tomorrow.

Rob - Tiff and I will come out Saturday. What time are you planning on getting going? (We're coming from Albany, so timing!!

Most of our staff will be in at 9ish but don't anticipate getting to work projects 'til after lunch (noonish)

Thanks for having us, Rob!