Sign in to follow this  
Kender

2018 Junebilee FF Auction Items

Junebilee

in July

aka NNY

Feb Feast Auction

It's not the last minute yet!  Behold the items we'll be auctioning off at the Junebilee!

If you aren't familiar here's some history and info:

These items are subject to change.  There's often some hiccups/clarifications that need to get ironed out.

...Without further ado...

1. Spells of the Well
Case a spell into the book, it's spellstored for up to 1 year.  Write the incant, spell, and date on the page and tear it out when you use it.

2. Piscean Extradition
Two objects, one small and one large.
1/gd you can throw a spacket for Teleport:  Target is Banished, and then leylines to the other  you emplaced earlier.

3. Peacekeeper's Fetters
Shackles of Grounding but the wearer is silenced too

4. Alchemist's Phial
Put one potion in, it refills every convergence

5. Master's Wand
50 power, pick a single spell and it refills every Junebilele

6. Rod of Spellblast
While the owner is holding the rod, they have Spellburst

7. Certificate of $200 to (shop of choice, Props Marshal will assist) and 40 craft points

8. Private Picnic
1/gd casts an Undispellable Sanctuary, everyone inside gains Antimagic Aura while inside, lasts until Convergence or the owner leaves/turns it off

9. Ritual Dagger
When used as part of a ritual, can replace 1 of the the coin/candle/gem requirements
5/gd: use the Ritual Dagger to cut an ephemeral ritual component from a living thing (or a monster).  This ritual component counts as any type, disappears at convergence, and is obviously temporary

10. Gambler's Blade
At Convergence, Roll 1d6.  If you roll a 6, roll again and add, If you roll another 6, roll again and add.  Then repeat this process so you end up with TWO benefits.  (This item may not make it to the auction, as it's a gamble {ha-ha!} on our part since it's not policeable)
* 1 - Magic Damage
* 2 - Silver Damage
* 3 - Goblin Iron
* 4 - Nature Damage
* 5 - Elven Steel
* 6 - Roll Again
* 7 - Casts Synchronize
* 8 - Casts Mind Blank on you
* 9 - Casts Primal Form on you
* 10 - Casts Poison Immunity on you
* 11 - Casts Aura of Reflection on you
* 12 - Roll Again
* 13 - Casts Second Breath on you
* 14 - +2 Natural Armor
* 15 - +4 Power (Breaks Cap)
* 16 - You can cast Leylines 2/gd (Go set your location in the next 10 minutes)
* 17 - +2 Monstrous Natural Armor
* 18 - +4 Body (Breaks Cap)

11. Moldable Mace
Martial, Magic, Mageblade, acts as Wand of Banish (10 charges)
Effects placed upon this weapon last the duration of the event

12. Blue Bag 

13. Pendent of Independence
Wearer is Mindblanked (stacks)
Immune to movement impairing effects (stun, pin, fear, dominate, pit traps, nonmagical bonds, move full speed when diseased

14. Gloves of the Hollow Ogre
(We'll buy gloves for the winner)
Wearer gets all the benefits of Monstrous EXCEPT the damage reduction:
Immune to Pin and Pit Traps
Immune to nonmagical restraints
Can swing for full damage when dual wielding (including shields)

15. Necklace of the Six
1/gd Choose a school of magic, wearer is immune to that school of magic for the game day

16. Reckless Necklace
Doesn't take up a neck slot
Wearer is not lootable

17. Wraithlord's Rapier
This weapon ONLY EVER hits for 1 pierce
Bearer can not enter "Sanctified" structures
Bearer does not answer "Detect Life" calls

18. Boots of the Minotaur
$200 gift certificate for fancy boots
4/gd when hit with a weapon, spacket, or stopped by a spell, the wearer can instead take 1 point of body damage and ignore that effect (Call is "No Effect" though you still take the 1 body damage)

19. Ring of Luck
(We'll buy a ring prop for the winner)
1/gd you may ignore any one effect

20. Book of Rituals
Book packed full of neat rituals with varying repeatabilities
Includes RITUAL OF CURE LYCANTHROPY

21. Unity
(We'll buy 3 rings for the winner)
3 rings:  All buffs placed on one wearer are replicated to the other two if they are touching when the spell is cast

22. Clockwork Bracers
Casts Panacea on wearer every 10 minutes (12:00, 12:10, 12:20, 12:30, 12:40, 12:50, 1:00...)

23. Ring of Wizardy
(We'll buy a ring for the winner)
Counts as a master's staff, stacks with another master's staff

When Kingdoms of Novitas was young, money was tight (it still is, but it was then, too).  Often events would end with passing a hat around and saying "who's going to help pay for the site?".

To help alleviate that, we started holding an auction of magic items for real US dollars.  This is very contrary to how KoN normally runs, but was a necessary part of keeping the lights on.  Money comes in once a year in a chunk and lets us do things like buy prop sheds, purchase metal coins, and other expenses that crop up.

I will tell you that as we approach the auction each year our funds approach $0, and as KoN's parent company the Mohawk Valley Gaming Club is a NYS not-for-profit, nobody personally profits from the auction.  The short version is that the more you give us at the auction, the more awesome we can make KoN.  You're really helping the whole game out.

As for the nitty-gritty:  Feb Feast (Hereafter as FF) items are magical items purchased with real money at one of the KoN auctions which occur yearly.  These auctions take the form of a Traditional (english) Auction or a Chinese Auction.  This year we did a Chinese auction at Feb Feast, so we're doing the traditional auction at Junebilee.

FF auction items belong to the player who won them.  They may be used on any of that player's characters.  FF items cannot be permanently stolen.  FF item props can be replaced with similar props if they break down or if the owner needs to update for a new character.  FF items are not guaranteed to hold their value, such as if a future rules update renders your item obsolete.

A few questions (sorry for being that guy):

Item 1) Does ripping the page out of the book mean that the item is done once all the pages are ripped out?  Is this a finite use feb feast item?

Item 2) If used offensively how do they know they get teleported?  Or where to?  Does grounding prevent this effect?  Leylines doesn't work with things in your hands, what happens to the things in the hands of someone offensively forced to leylines?  Is the emplaced object lootable?

Item 4) Can you change the potion in it?  I guess specifically does it refill the last potion placed in it at convergence?  This is named the "Alchemist's Phial" can you put alchemicals in it or just potions?

Item 11) I cast spell store on the weapon then a spell into the spell store, when I use the spell, it's the spell store that stays not the subsequent spell right (ie I can/need to now store a new spell into this because it's still a spellstoring blade, it doesn't keep the memory of the spell that got stored to then be cast infinitely)?

Item 13) Mind blank stacks as in you get to have two immunity spells when you have this?  Is banish a movement impairing effect?

Item 15) The bearer chooses necromancy, are they immune to a medium who can no incant reap spirit (does this count as necromancy)?  How about a monster that does that?  The creeping rot spell isn't magic by design, is it prevented by this necklace?  Same question for ruin.  If the bearer chooses nature are they able to dissipate themselves or are they immune to that too?  If you choose enchantment that would make you immune to dispel magic or does that spell target the spells on you?  Is this effect itself dispelable?

Item 16) Is there any risk in loaning this feb feast item to others (it can't be stolen from that person after all)?  If a character is permanently killed does this effect continue to apply?

Item 19) Is damage an effect that could be ignored with this?  If yes, were you to get hit for say 4 disease, do you ignore the entire hit when you use this or one part (the 4 damage OR the disease)?  If no same question with a Poison Stun tag bag.

Item 21) if three people wanted to go in on this item as a group, would all 3 rings have the feb feast properties for the winners?  Does all buffs include things like drinking beneficial alchemical items?

Will these items be auctioned in any specific order?

one more set of questions:

Item 10) Does until you get two benefits mean that if you roll doubles (such as 5 for Elven steel twice) you roll again until you have something other than Elven Steel?  If so what happens if you roll up a Silver + Elven Steel blade, do those count as redundant?  What about Poison Immunity/ Primal Form/ Mind Blank which can't coexist?  Would a possible solution to not being able to police this item be that you roll it up at Logistics when you check in, and those are it's stats for the weekend instead of per convergence?

PSA: Please be aware that we have not procured props for most of these items. It took longer than expected to find a day and time when the four of us who figure these out could all meet up for two hours.

I will work directly with the winners to get them props that are within our budget and aesthetically pleasing for them. I'd like to do that in the week immediately after Junebilee, so if you win something, do some shopping, look for something you like, and send me some links. If you're stuck, I can probably give you some suggestions or ideas where to look. 

Additionally, a bunch of these things I'll likely just make for youse myself (the books, the jewelry, the bracers, basically anything I can produce in my shop I'm happy to do so for you) so that's another option if you'd prefer. I'm pretty okay at the craftings. 

I'll remind everyone of this right before the auction. 

Ryan:

1. Spells of the Well
Some kind of refillable journal, refillable every junebilee

2. Piscean Extradition
Step 1: owner puts the big item in a place, and carries the small item

Step 2: Owner throws a spacket for "BANISH SPECIAL"

Step 3: normal protections work

Step 4: if success, caster explains to the target where to go

Step 5: target goes to the other item and boops back into existence next to an unmoveable feb feast item

Step 6: ???

Step 7: Profit

3. Peacekeeper's Fetters

The effect is always on if you are wearing the shackles

Likewise, when you take the shackles off the effects turn off

4. Alchemist's Phial
Dump a bottle of potion/alchemy in at Sign-in, it refills every convergence

No you can not pour it into another bottle

The original thing is gone forever

6. Scepter of Spellblast

If you hold the stick, you can throw like spellburst.  Period

10. Gambler's Blade
You roll a die, look up on the table. get a benefit

You roll a second die, look that up on the table, get a benefit

If you roll the same bonus twice, you only get one benefit, stop all dice rolls

All benefits from this will stack, so you could get 2 immunities, but you could also have a magic/elvenSteel sword that doesn't do much of anything but let you downcall

11. Moldable Mace
Are you just trying to be difficult?  1 spellstore on the weapon means you can use it to store 1 spell at a time, but after you cast the stored spell, you can store another spell.  One spell at a time, you can't stack spellstores.  Think sequential not parallel

13. Pendent of Independence
Stacks means you can have two immunities.

Banish is movement impairing, but leylines/dissipate are not, and someone else's Sanctuary is also not movement impairing

15. Necklace of the Six
Reap Spirit is necromancy

Only magic has schools, so creeping rot/ruin *damage* are not necromancy

Dissipate is a nature spell

Dispel is an enchantment spell

This effect is non-dispellable but expires at convergence.

16. Reckless Necklace
Spell effects don't end just because your character dies.  If you're wearing this and get final rested, you're still not lootable. (But you're kinda screwed anyway)

If you loan this to another character and they don't give it back to you by the end of the event, it is as though it was stolen. (See above RE: Reaping)

If you aren't wearing the necklace, you are lootable

If you loan this out and they aren't wearing it, it can be stolen

17. Wraithlord's Rapier
There are no exceptions, only ever 1 pierce.

18. Boots of the Minotaur
Even if the damage call is something otherwise impossible like "4 magic pierce slay strike disease curse minivan" you can wave your horns at that and take 1 point of normal body damage instead

19. Ring of Luck
Literally anything short of a GM punishment

20. Book of Rituals
Book is a single "item". Rituals are non-removable and repeatable with some limits

21. Unity
All three items have the Feb Feast quality, but there is a single "Owner"

All buffs means all buffs, including Magic, Alchemy, Rituals, etc.

23. Ring of Wizardy
Choose a school at Traditional Feb Feast reset time.  (This Auction)

These items will be auctioned in AN order, not necessarily this order.  I can't say until it's auction time

11. Moldable Mace
Are you just trying to be difficult? 

I swear I'm not.  I expected you to answer it that way, but figured it was worth verifying before someone tried to get tricky with that.

How does the Moldable Mace work with blade poisons? Does the poison's duration change from ten minutes to the entire event? Do you get infinite charges or just one? Same two questions for spells channeled through the mageblade. Also can the weapon be both goblin iron and elven steel at the same time?

The poison lasts on the blade until it gets used then is gone. You cannot have multiple blade poisons on it.

If you cast the spell mage blade on it it'll be a mageblade for the event. You still need to follow the rules for mage blade, 1 minute to land a legal hit with your spackets through it. 

Goblin iron and poisons cannot share a physical application with silver and elven steel. (Can't craft together and can't apply alchemy) 

On 7/5/2018 at 2:47 PM, RyanG said:

Would a possible solution to not being able to police this item be that you roll it up at Logistics when you check in, and those are it's stats for the weekend instead of per convergence?

I was going to suggest something similar along the lines of "It has to be witnessed by a constable, elder, or staff and documented." That way you can still RP it fine for the most part and still police it relatively fine.