Muirhinn

Latex weapons & latex allergy

'ello,

I'm a newbie to LARP. I keep reading about latex weapons. Can someone tell me if it's natural latex or man made? I'm severely allergic to natural - have been for years. I'd hate to not be able to larp due to health risks!

Thanks!

Muirhinn / Beth

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:58 AM, Muirhinn said:

'ello,

I'm a newbie to LARP. I keep reading about latex weapons. Can someone tell me if it's natural latex or man made? I'm severely allergic to natural - have been for years. I'd hate to not be able to larp due to health risks!

Thanks!

Muirhinn / Beth

The weapons SHOULD all be coated (latex weapons that are uncoated tend to not do well in weather and will break down quickly). Most peeps, if not all, use plastidip. 

HOW are you allergic? Like does touching a balloon cause hives or does it cause anaphylaxis?  If it's cutaneous reactions, you can easily avoid most reactions by wearing long sleeves and gloves (which you should be doing anyway cuz ticks, man!)

Thanks for the reply - balloons cause me to have breathing problems - give me sores. I'll do some more research cause I really want to be able to fight!