Igni Grand

New to LARP, nervous but excited.

Hello!  I really am not sure how I want to introduce myself here.  You can call me Igni.  I’m quite nervous about this sort of thing.  I have never LARPed before, but yet I am so intrigued by it.  I’ve been wanting to LARP for quite a while now, but I haven’t found the right LARP for me.  None of the LARPs in my state feel perfect for me (I’m just one state over), so much so that I don’t want to sacrifice a number of things to join what feel like very subpar LARP events/groups.

This group just feels perfect.  I feel it’s worth the four hour drive to this particular group, as I do not want to sacrifice a magnificent LARP sword I have planned to be made for a duct tape, subpar boffer sword.  It IS needed for my planned character.  The sword reflects so much about him, that I need it to be a certain way.  I hope you guys feel honored that I feel this group is the group for me.

If you want to know a little about myself, know that I have Asperger’s Syndrome (very high functioning Autism).  Sometimes I feel that this is unnecessary to speak about, because this can indeed lead people to treat me differently.  However, this time I feel it is necessary.  I don’t want to be treated “differently” from anybody else.  I’m quirky, but I don’t want to be treated as a child.  I just want you to know that I do have some shortcomings, like the occasional sensory issues, anxiety, social awkwardness, etc., but I strive to do my best.  Don’t treat me like a child, and everything will be A-OK.

I do not know when I will be able to attend an event, as I am currently saving and/or developing outfits, weapon(s), props, and the like.  But I do hope it could be sometime in mid to late 2019.  I love to act, and I love to be immersed.  Now my daydreaming will soon become a reality! :)

Thank you!

-Igni Grand

Hello there! I'm Maggie, the Marketing and Player Outreach Marshal here. Welcome to the game! Be not afraid, you are not the only player on the spectrum so no one is going to treat you any differently.

Before you arrive, I often suggest you do a bit of reading to help prepare for the game. Firstly, the Learn to Play section of the Rules wiki is super helpful when it comes to learning the game. Link here: http://www.kingdomsofnovitas.net/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Rules.Learntoplay

I also recommend perusing the World Book which details our games lore http://www.mvgc.net/larp/worldbook.pdf

If you have any questions for me, you're welcome to post here or send me a PM. Hope to see you in the new year! Welcome to Novitas!