Ling

Ling here.

Hello. Its wonderful to meet any of you here online. I've been LARPing since I was 13, first as a NPC actor who followed my dad around, then as a player character who has evolved over the years. I have played in multiple states and systems, and after six years in the U.S. Army, will be moving north for work, likely ending up in Manchester, VT. This seems like the nearest LARP I would be interested in, so I am going to go ahead and start learning what its about and stuff. Hoping to bring in my character I've been playing this whole time (yet again) but who knows really.

I hope to see you guys starting likely in April or May, but I don't know when exactly I'll be able to get to my first game.

- Ling

Hey! I'm Maggie. I am the Marketing and Player Outreach Marshal here at Kingdoms of Novitas. We'd have about the same commute time. I'm coming from Buffalo though. It's for sure worth the drive.

Since you've got a bit of time before you can attend, I recommend doing a bit of light reading. Firstly, we have a convenient Learn to Play section on our Rules Wiki http://www.kingdomsofnovitas.net/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Rules.Learntoplay.

Also, we have a World Book that sums up the lore of our world which will help you figure out how to fit your character into Novitas. http://www.mvgc.net/larp/worldbook.pdf

If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them. See you in the Spring!

Thank you very much Maggie, I've been reading through the lore and rules and I have a general idea of what I want to do build wise. Character wise, Ælern "Ling" Lyki, has been an Elvish adopted son of a northern barbarian in the past and I'd like to continue that with Novitas. I dont think this would be hard, with the established lore what with the northern areas of the world and the boarder between the Dellin and Elves.

My only question would be how, frowned upon would this be? If its a bit out of the question I can do something else, its not hard.

It's out of the ordinary, but not impossible. We've had a couple Elvish barbarians before.

Okay. I saw reference somewhere to not approved ears, but the link didnt work. I use the large ears because they sit on my head funny and it looks great, as seen in my picture. If those arnt in the approved list I can get new years.

Hello, my names Dustan. I am the Props and Atmosphere Marshal. The ears in your picture do look a bit long for our lore. Typically, elves have ears on the shorter side. This is not a hard rule and what lean toward is shorter than the players longest finger past his natural ear. Once again, it is not a hard rule more of a guide to help players purchase ears for their character. We shy away from longer "anime" ears for elves. The longer they are the more they are leaning towards a snow goblin mutation.

On another note, We also require that elf ears be blended to match the skin, if you are good this will have very little seam. On a bare minimum the ears have to be painted to match your skin tone.

What I, and many of the elves you will meet here at game have come to wear are silicone ears. Vendors of them are more limited, however, they look much better. Here are a couple ears that will be great at game. One more normal length, one on the upper end of longer ears.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/459405972/elf-ears-classic-style-silicone-long?ref=shop_home_active_13&frs=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/558953841/zelda-inspired-ear-tips-in-very-life?ref=shop_home_active_3&frs=1