My name is Aidan, I am someone who has recently gotten interested in trying LARP and, if all goes well, my first ever game should be on the 2nd of August. I am 19 years old and disappointing. I am what some would say enamoured with gaming and role-playing, especially with TTRPG's, and I have decided I need more friends. Me and my sister will be joining up with this group in August with the closest experience we have prior to this being our many endeavours at the Sterling Ren-Faire. However, we're fast learners and hope to have a great time. 

My only question here is that I have heard that leveling up and grinding to the top is like pulling teeth in some LARP groups, so my question is what is leveling up like in this group and when is the level where people will look at us and say "Yeah, they'll be aight."?

Hi Aidan! I believe I gave you my normal spiel in our email conversation so I'll spare you that. Instead, I'll just answer your question. Leveling up is actually rather easy in Novitas as you earn xp not by playing your character, but simply by helping the game. There are loads of ways you can learn xp! Signing in earns you xp, NPCing, helping set up/take down, writing a backstory, buying period appropriate footwear, submitting Post Event Letters, and so much more! Kingdoms of Novitas is a classless system so you can pick whatever skills you want. Choosing which skills you think will make your game fun is totally up to you. Also, the max health and the max damage you can do is four so a level 100 person and a level 10 person could have the same body and damage (if that's where you choose to spend your skill points). Things like armor also will help too. It doesn't take any extra skills to wear armor, but it will help protect you in your early days with not a whole lot of body.

My best advice is to spend 1-3 (or more, I won't stop you!) games NPCing. It will help you build up some xp, figure out the game, and help you decide just where you want to spend those skill points. I think I NPC-ed three games before bringing in my PC and that gave me a pretty good groundwork for my first PC lo those many years ago.

Then a question I have is can me and my sister NPC for the entire time we're there, or do we at least have to play a shift or two per day as our PC?

You are always welcome to NPC any shift.  In fact you get bonus XP for doing more than 2 shifts of NPCing.

Final question, or I hope so at least, what is the master list of what we should bring for strictly NPC Garb?

If I understand the wiki right, we should bring

- A Pair of Bland/Average Medieval Clothes (Though maybe a couple just for NPC's would be recommended?)

- Weapons and Armor (?)

- Camping stuff for our cabins (actually, are we set in cabins or tents?) 

- Snacks and things

- Toiletries

Aiden, Props and Atmosphere Marshal here.

For NPCing, Weapons and armor are not required. We provide basic meals, but they are that basic, bring snacks and things if you want them. Clothing wise, I suggest Non intrusive pants (hospital scrubs without cargo pockets work great), A basic medieval-ish shirt. And boots, we do not allow sneakers.

I am more than willing to help you find any of the above at reasonable prices if you want help. Also, if you find anything yourself and want to know if it works, just ask. 

I didn't answer sleeping situation. We have bunk beds in cabins as well as lot's of lean-tos with bunk beds, completely in a cabin or out in the environment a little more in a lean-to is up to you.