Sign in to follow this  
MyLiege

Quick Question about Death

Hello everyone.  

Admittedly I'm a little far away to join the LARP but I was reading the rules and became curious.

My question concerns the following situation: It's 1am.  Your group is ambushed and beset by player brigands or NPCs.  You fall in battle immediately.  Your friends flee.  The antagonists drag away your body and secret it where it can't easily be found.  

What are your options?  Do you lie there dead and await the full eleven hours until the two convergences elapse?  What if you are scheduled to NPC in the next shift?  Can you leave a physical rep of your corpse?  Can you just give up and report to logistics?

1. It would be highly unusual for random NPC's to do this - unless you have done something IC to warrant it  its an unlikely scenario.  You have a much better chance of this happening with PC vs PC interaction - but this is very rare and should be no surprise to your PC that you have made another PC very very angry at you.

2.  To directly answer your question- you would lie out in that spot until  a- your PC shift ends or game is called (Friday night @ 2 AM ish/Saturday night @ 1 AM ish ) b. Until you don't want to or cant stay out there any more (ie bugs, wet, cold in winter- safety first!). If you can leave something to  mark the body location that's great- but most of us dont carry portable corpses with us on shift :) Just remember the general area you were. 

In either case when you come in report to logistics/the shift GM what has happened and where it occurred. If they have any special instructions they will let you know at that time.

Do not tell anyone IC (your dead no IC convos ..) or OOC what happened until its public knowledge - this helps prevent meta gaming.  

Thank you very much for your answer.  I must admit that's impressive.  I can appreciate the dedication to the craft. 

The local games around here-. Let's just say Novitias sounds more like something straight out of the Lord of the Rings while those I've experienced feel more like World of Warcraft.

Happy gaming!