Glim haventide

Hello! I am hoping to attend my first event

Hey, my name is avery and I am looking to get into larp, I have never done larp before but I have done tabe top roleplaying such as dnd and fate before as well as done sword dueling for fun with friends so I know some of the concepts, I have looked at the rules and built a character (which still needs to get approved of course, though I did want to clarify if there was somewhere for me to get into contact with someone to get it approved or if I get it approved at my first event) I do not yet have gear but I plan on attending my first event in October so I have plenty of time to get some simple adventurer and npc clothing as well as a sword. There is another thing, I am only 16 but it says that a person above 15 but under 18 can still go so long as a parent, sibling, or legal guardian over the age of 21 goes, I don't have any siblings older than me but I think I may have convinced my mom to do it, she doesn't seem interested in the combat stuff though so I was wondering if it would be a good idea for her to just volunteer as a non combatant npc for all 4 shifts or maybe just for her 2 mandatory shifts and do production skills to gain coin from within town as a bit of a merchant if that was possible and allowed. I apologize if I have misread the rules and stuff in any way. But I look forward to hopefully getting to play this coming October!

Hi Avery! I'm sorry, I don't know how I missed your message. Your mother is going to have to be with you the whole time so she is going to have to be doing whatever you'll be doing for the most part. Talk to Dave Haldenwang (Hivemind on the forums) about making arrangements for your attendance and please read over our Age Requirement policy 

Definitely also take a look at our Learn to Play section of the Rules wiki http://www.kingdomsofnovitas.net/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Rules.Learntoplay and our World Book http://www.mvgc.net/larp/worldbook.pdf

Let me know of you have any questions! Welcome!

Thank you, and alright, I had read the age requirement policy I just miss read it  (though i didn't read the forum post about it just what it says on the website so I will do that right after I post this.) I don't think she would mind much, for all I know she might end up liking the pc stuff too. I also read through a lot of the rules, lore, and world book stuff since I made the post to get inspiration for my characters backstory as well as the general setting of the game itself to get a better sense of how to roleplay my character. I will make sure to talk to dave when I get a chance also. this looks like it will be really fun and thank you again.