Sign in to follow this  
Richard

Adventurer's Backpack

Here's a backpack that fits the bill for an adventurer's pack. Called a Romanian Army Backpack, made in the '70s and '80s, but with a non-military look. Made of canvas and leather, looks like a Bilbo backpack, especially with stuff dangling. I orderedĀ 2, one was super clean, the other needed cleaning of the leather with soap and a brush, and hung over a dehumidifier for a day. Both needed a little neatsfoot oil to rehydrate the leather bits.

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/romanian-retro-pack-surplus/62292

I adjusted mine like the description indicated, I cut off the secondary straps, cut off the hooks on the arm straps (Not The Hooks On The Bottom, that's important), and swapped the hooks on the straps for some of the metal "loops" from the straps I cut off. Ended it all by hammering the hooks closed. EasierĀ to do than to type.

I used this in the 2019 dungeon crawl and it was great. If you have a passive shield, you may not be able to get it on and off, but otherwise pretty great for Novitas. I'm planning on modifying mine further, adding leather leaves and other elements. The leather sleeve on the lid looks perfect for a LARP double-head axe or hammer.