C.J./Librantus

Χαιρε!/Hail!

I've been interested in trying out larping ever since I found out how huge it truly was! My inspirations are the Iliad and 300, and I'm a big fan o Greek myth!

Hey! I'm glad you found us because you've come to the right game. Check out our World Book, specifically the Empire of Civen which gets a lot of its inspiration from Greece and Rome http://www.mvgc.net/larp/worldbook.pdf. I also recommend checking out the Learn to Play section of our Rules Wiki which will help you to get a head start on learning to play the game http://www.kingdomsofnovitas.net/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Rules.Learntoplay

Let me know if you have any questions. Welcome to Novitas!

I've just read the story of Civen, and I could see the similarities between the Roman Civil wars and theirs. would you consider Vleanoa more like Ancient Greece or just another segment of the Roman aesthetic from Civen?

That's neat, I can see the similarities you're talking about with Greeks and Rome. In my mind, I think of the Vlean/ Civen civil war as similar to North and South Korea. At one time, they were one state. There was a costly war, and now it's split in two, with simmering conflict always under the surface. One of the two embraced democracy(Civen/South) and is open for trade and travel, the other theocracy (Vleanoans/north) and is closed off from the outside world as much as possible.

The major difference from the Korea example is that both Civen and Vlean are very active outside their borders in the Freelands. It's common to meet a Civenite tradesman or a Vleanoan Septon, both with their own perspective on the merits of their country, and the relative demerits of the opposite. 

As far as costuming, if you're into a roman/Greek aesthetic and look, playing a Civenite is probably your best bet. Vleanoans wear clothes more like medieval Europe. But don't take only my word for it, Come and give it a try! There are a few Classics majors in our ranks. Maybe NPC your first game, take it all in, and go from there. 

Hello there,

Here's an excerpt from the garb rules that might help you.

• Civen characters should draw influence from the Roman Empire between 27 BCE – 610 CE.
  • Vleanoan and Evenandran characters should draw influence from medieval western Europe between 1066 – 1500

I see, although my character is really before that time frame. Y'see, he's more inspired from the ancient Greek garb. Corinthian Helmet, and a muscle ciurass to be bought in the future with a pair of greaves. If anything, I could decide to make my character a mercenary who breaks off from Civen, and does his own thing for the sake of individual freedoms. Like, he could join the Freeland mercenaries.