Sign in to follow this  
Glim haventide

bottle holder?

the suggested beginner kit includes a drink for the weekend such as a bottle of water, would this and a few bottles of tea or something that are kept in my encampment (wherever that may be at the time, not quite sure, but basically just with my other ooc stuff) out of sight to prevent breaking immersion, and then have one on my in this: https://www.medievalcollectibles.com/product/laced-bottle-holder/ to help make it look more like it belongs there and not break immersion work? I could swap it out for another one each shift if I run out. I figured I could have it around my belt with the rest of my pouches. just wanted to make sure it would be allowed.

I sent a message to our Prop Marshal, Dustan. He'll come have a look and give you an answer on whether it will work or not. It seems pretty neat.

Hello Avery. I apologize for not replying sooner, I have not been on the forums in awhile.

First, I want to start with, I think you may be under the impression that you need a drink with you at all times. As an NPC, between roles you will report to Logistics. This is where we stage plots. In Logistics there are always drinks available. Always water, and usually something like a water cooler of Gatorade. You are welcome to bring something to drink other than those though. For example I usually have a bottle of iced tea. In Logistics your container does not need to be in anything specific, and is certainly fine in whatever it's sold in.

As a PC, you are correct in assuming modern bottles need to be hidden. However, there is an "inn" as well as other another player run establishments and merchants that always have drinks. For them all you need is an empty cup/mug.

The item you pictured above would be fine in the circumstance that the lid remains relatively hidden, especially if it is brightly covered like that red one in the picture.

Speaking as a player to future player, I would advise against that purchase. It will be handy, and you will like it at first. Give it 3 events or so, and it will likely sit on the bottom of your tote and never get used. The reason? Comfort. 16 oz. extra in a bag, or hanging from your belt does not seem like much, but over the course of the day will grow old. IMO, you would be better investing in a good mug.