Hey everyone!

I'm currently planning on coming to the event this upcoming weekend. A bit about me; I've fenced with the SCA on and off for the last 16 years or so, I have some LARP experience (a fair amount of WoD, of which Changeling and Mage are my favorites, and a number of independently written one-shot games, about half a dozen of which I've been an assistant or lead game runner on), and my other hobbies are editing and writing web serial novels, the occasional Twilight Imperium game, hiking, and sailing. Professionally I work as a law clerk in Fayetteville, NY.

The only thing I'm really worried about this weekend is that I'm nursing a foot injury at the moment, so I can't do an extensive amount of of walking. I expect that'll probably limit what I can participate in, but I'd really like to check things out to the degree that I can. Hopefully that's alright, and I'm happy to help out as I can.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hey Devin! Welcome! TI fan here as well.

It'll be an interesting weekend, being it's our first game since pandemic hit.

Take it easy with the foot! There'll be plenty of non-combat things to play, if you're comfortable with "talky" roles.
If you have questions with rules or logistics, let me know. Great to have you!

Welcome! Very happy to have you. My name is Maggie, I'm the Marketing and Player Outreach Marshal. I have to miss this event, but please seek out Brandon Febles, he's my second and would love to help you.

In the meantime, I'm going to assign some homework. Firstly, I'd  take a peek at the Learn to Play section of the Rules Wiki http://www.kingdomsofnovitas.net/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Rules.Learntoplay

It's a great prep step. www.mvgc.net/larp/worldbook.pdf The World Book too is great to flip through as well.

Most importantly, please fill out the waiver, linked below. We're switching to online waivers and having that done before you arrive well help us greatly.

Let us know if you have any questions! Welcome to Novitas.

Thanks, I'm glad that not being able to tromp through the woods a lot won't be an issue.

I have read through the rules. I feel reasonably solid on the basics, although there are a lot of ability details I'm sure I won't remember. I'll probably have questions at some point.

The waiver's sent in to hivemind@mvgc.net, hopefully that's the right place. The assumption of risk doctrine for athletic activities already has you covered against negligence claims for fighty stuff, but with the addition of COVID I don't blame you for wanting the extra coverage. I'm a little surprised you guys aren't requiring vaccinations, but I guess most of the risk is on any people who don't have them.