Sign in to follow this  
Richard

Looking for a mug

Hey all,

Is anybody taking a ceramics class? I'm looking for a glazed mug that looks handmade. Most colors will be fine, I just want a mug that may be a bit less-than-perfect, but still holds all the ale poured into it. Not really looking for any storebought machine-made mugs, I could just buy them on my own.

For trade, I can make some small leather item, perhaps a pouch or satchel or something else you've got in your noggin. To be fair, my stuff also looks very homemade and patchwork-y. I also can sew something simple (emphasis on simple), perhaps some wrap pants.

Any takers?

i took pottery and i think i could make one and glaze it just post what you want it to look like. What color, how wide, how tall, handle or not. straight up or do you want a belly on it (wider at the bottom) or wider at the top?

Deep blues with earth tones, or deep blues and reds if you got em. Belly if possible, wider on bottom. Definately a handle. 3 and a half inches wide, 4 and a half tall, or thereabouts, not picky about size. Not picky about a lot of it, just so it holds my ale, looks handmade/period, and has a solid handle.

Any thoughts about what you want for trade?

ok i will try to make it thursday

i don't really need any thing. don't worry about it.

i will post pics when i have it done, most likely next thursday because it takes time to make it, dry it, fire it, glaze it, then fire it again.

i will post pics when i have it done, most likely next thursday because it takes time to make it, dry it, fire it, glaze it, then fire it again.

Are you doing this at school, or do you have access to a wheel and kiln elsewhere? I've taken a few classes over the years, and I miss throwing pots.

That's real awesome of you, man! I'll give you first pick of my goodie bag for freebs when we play, I'm sure you'll find something you could use.

school

Julie needs a vessel that is 9"-10" tall and 6" to 7" wide. No handle. It doesn't have to be foodsafe neccesarily. Please tell us if it isn't though. If you are anywhere near interested and able, she will be happy to work out a price or barter for you. Reply here and she will get in touch with you on your compensation by PMs.