hivemind

How to Submit your Post Event Letter (PEL), Character Background or Lore Request

Lore Requests should be emailed to lore@mvgc.net

PELs should be emailed to pel@mvgc.net. These can also be posted publicly on the forums, but an email should still be sent to claim the XP for it.

Character backgrounds should be emailed to characters@mvgc.net. These can also be posted publicly on the forums, but an email should still be sent to claim the XP for it.

All three of those forward to three different people on the Plot Group. You should never expect a response to any email to these addresses. This is the only way to submit information to the staff that guarantees you will receive full credit for it.

please keep in mind a few things:

1) PELs to earn XP must be turned in no later than 2 weeks after the event.

2) Backgrounds must be sent in at the latest a week before the event you wish to begin playing. This ensures that if there is anything wrong with your background it can be fixed before you show up to the event.

When submitting a background, it needs to contain USEFUL information about your PC that can be used by the GMs to tailor plot towards your character. Old enemies, family problems, life goals, a burning desire for revenge, a quest to find something, a long-lost brother, a stolen family heirloom, unrequited love, an irrational love of cheese... SOMETHING! You can come up with a story for your character without knowing anything about the game setting. Emotions and life experiences are pretty platform-neutral.

By the Elemental's fiery snatch, people, if you don't want your character to be any more exciting than "I got hit over the head and woke up in Pinedale" then don't bother submitting a background, because we're just going to reject it.

Several of the backgrounds that were submitted in the last week will be returned for more work today. Please bear this in mind when re-writing them. If you need help, then by the hairy pustulent balls of Nox, ASK! We'll happily assist you in coming up with something that's fun and exciting for the GMs and for you.

I'm not sure that my e-mails are getting to you guys. I haven't ever gotten a response.

Dave, can you update the email addresses in the original post?

Nevermind then, I thought they were supposed to be pointing at our new domain.

I sent in my character background about week before the june game, I haven't gotten any response yet. Does that mean it was rejected?

Quite the opposite. We don't always have time to respond to everything we get. If you don't hear otherwise, that typically means it was accepted. If it gets rejected, you get an email with a reason why.

Where should I post it if I want to get people's opinions? In general discussion?

making a blog would be a good option, just note the entry as not final

I sent in my character background about week before the june game, I haven't gotten any response yet. Does that mean it was rejected?

We sometimes don't get back to people until their first sign in when they are awarded the XP for writing an acceptable background.

When submitting Character backgrounds please send them to characters@mvgc.net. Also include the following info as a heading please:

Character name:

Player name:

Race:

Nation of Origin:

Thank you and have a nice day.

-Brian

When submitting an NPC PEL would you guys prefer it written from the point of view of the character, or would you prefer something more simple? (I.E. I found players, we went to that place and then plot happened...) Also, if your writing for more then one NPC would you like each to be 500 words? Or all of them combined for 500 words?

NPC pel's can be in any format you wish as long as the requested and pertinent information is included.

Please everyone remember that:

When submitting Character backgrounds please send them to characters@mvgc.net. Also include the following info as a heading please:

Character name:

Player name:

Forum Name:

Race:

Nation of Origin:

1) PELs to earn XP must be turned in no later than 2 weeks after the event.

2) Backgrounds must be sent in at the latest a week before the event you wish to begin playing. This ensures that if there is anything wrong with your background it can be fixed before you show up to the event.

3. Lore requests must be submitted at least two weeks before the event to ensure they will be acted on.

I never got a confirmation whether or not my background (submitted 3 wks ago, after my first event) would grant me XP

Artemis Gaege

Is there a specific way you would like the PEL written, or is it really just that - a letter to tell you what we thought of the game? I tried searching the forums to see if there was a format or not and could find nothing on the topic.

There is no set format, but by far the most usual form is a simple list of what NPCs you played and what of significance went down on the encounter. A recap of any important updates regarding your PCs goals, motivations, or associations is also good.

Be thorough, but be succinct.

There is no one way. Sometimes you'll get an email back. Sometimes an NPC will come talk to you in-game. Sometimes a Crimson Courier will deliver it to you. And sometimes you don't get an answer.

I just realized I didn't get XP for my character background this game but I sent it back in June. I sent it again to make sure it went through. If I don't get a response rejecting it should I just mention it in October to claim the XP?

Yes, but be sure you didn't get it- its is awarded with other xp at sign in so it can get lumped in and not noticed.