Sign in to follow this  
Gong Wei Xingfeng

A Message from the Tuq vo' Ying Hwa

Greetings to all known to us, and to those also, good wishes. Health and prosperity, honor and good tidings, to you and your clan.

It has been made known to those of us in the House of Cherry Blossoms that there is fast approaching a Harvest Festival. In Gersh, a celebration is held at a similar time, though ours is to herald the coming of the winter's snow and ice. Apparently for all peoples, the autumn is a propitious time.

In recognition of our people's shared time of celebration, the Tuq vo' Ying Hwa will offer several festive gestures to the folk of Pinedale.

First, for the dual purposes of camaraderie and to honor the memory of Master Malakai Durath, we will offer games of Three Dragon Ante throughout the day. Said games will be held within Omar's Hammer, and the players will eat and drink gratis, as they say in Civenopolis.

Second, I will personally lead all interested festival-goers in a Quan Gu, a traditional Gershian drum circle for meditation and contemplation, within our pagoda. We will burn the sweet incense and make rhythms together. If you possess a drum, or other percussive instrument, please consider attending. When all is in alignment, the experience is... most peaceful and transcendental.

Finally, the Tuq vo' Ying Hwa will bestow, upon those that are known to us, gifts. Please feel no pressure to return the gesture, since as part of our noble duties it is appropriate that we give such gifts, and as well it is wholly appropriate that those friends we find worthy of gifts accept them in good cheer, with no obligation attached.

Tuq vo' Ying Hwa looks forward to this time of celebration and good cheer, and wishes to put the dark days of summer behind us.

Noble dead, honored.

Quan Gu brings serenity.

Gifts, to show our love.

My master has instructed me that I should further clarify the intentions of the Tuq vo' Ying Hwa in regards to the forthcoming festivities.

First, the entry fee for a game of Three Dragon Ante will be the traditional amount of 50 coin. In this instance, and in this place, we will play with copper coins, rather than slave tokens. While my noble lords will not offer any subsidy for players, they are pleased to offer food and drink for free to the players. The first game will begin at two o'clock after noon.

Second, the Zhuhao Wei wishes me to announce that all are welcome to the Quan Gu, even those who lack suitable rhythmic instruments. The Zhuhao, himself an accomplished yue shi, will provide simple rhythmic instruments to all interested guests. The Quan Gu will begin at four o'clock after noon.

*Veria nods listening*

Would you ask your honoured Masters if they wish for me to send for my Go board and stones from home? I've, to me at least, a decent set and would be more than happy to have it sent to me here if your Masters think it would be enjoyed during this time.

If they decide on this in the positive I would also ask if they would care to play a set with me. I must admit that I was only able to teach myself the very basics of play in such an intricate game. Perhaps they would be able to instruct me to greater understanding during the course of play?

[OOC: The "prize" for participating in the Quan Gu will be a significant stat buff for the remainder of the weekend event.]