Sign in to follow this  
Guest Elrohir Amandil

Arcon VIII

Guest Elrohir Amandil

Arcon is on track to being Feb 27, 28, and March 1. Arcon is SUNY Oswego's gaming convention for those not in the know. Novitas has held an event of some type there for the past two years. Check out www.oswego.edu/stg/arcon for more information.

In addition to the usual dungeon crawl does anyone want to do a "roll your own boffer" construction event? We have the space for that this year.

Alex - I'm not sure what we'll do this year, but we'll start talking about it. Thanks.

Guest Elrohir Amandil

We were, actually. I just didn't know if you were willing to sell advertising for only 3 months.

so what is going on at Arcon this year.

Guest Elrohir Amandil
So what is going on at Arcon this year?

I believe that Rachel will be posting the event packet on February 11th which is 3 days after the event registration deadline. A full detailing of events will be posted there.

Vendors to look forward to:

Dave's boffer Emporium

Boldo's Armory

The (Oswego) Comic Shop

Another vendor with cloak/cape making abilities (along with other accessories)

Special guests include:

Author C.J. Henderson

Video game parody movie makers X-Strike Studios

In terms of events the usual suspects will be present including a smattering of video game tourneys, a Magic Booster draft, lots of RPGs being run, Capture the Flag (with stuff), and hopefully some sort of Humans vs. Zombies skirmishes.

Guest Elrohir Amandil

Just sending out a reminder that the event submission deadline for Arcon is this Sunday. A game submission means that your admission to the con is cheaper. If you run a game you get that day for free, if you run two games you get the whole con for $5. We accept RPGs, card game competitions, video game competitions, and even board games. (Or, any special even that the Novitas crew may run ;-)).

Our website is www.oswego.edu/stg/arcon

Thanks.

We (Novitas) are sponsoring a fighter practice at the event. I sent in the event info via the website form - I hope you've received it, and that people will come!

Guest Elrohir Amandil

Ahoy, everyone. Pre-registration for Arcon has started. Check out our pre-registration form here: http://www.oswego.edu/stg/arcon/prereg.html

Also, check out our event schedule so you can see what fun games you can hop in to. The KoN fighter practice will be held at 5:30 - 10:00 PM on Saturday which is our 5th slot of the con.

We hope to see many of you there. Questions about our rates and the like can be found on our FAQ page.

Arcon is this weekend! Be excited!

Hey, on the Pre-Reg form, it doesn't show SPC 501 on the list. Is it full yet?

EDIT: (Does it matter?)

I'm not sure why it's not showing up, but it doesn't matter... we won't turn people away. :)

Guest Elrohir Amandil
Hey, on the Pre-Reg form, it doesn't show SPC 501 on the list. Is it full yet?

EDIT: (Does it matter?)

I think it was accidentally placed as SPC 401 and just wasn't moved. We set the pre-reg cap at 100 which is about 90% of our expected attendance to the con... so go ahead and pre reg that.

I know this is kinda late, but I'm going to assume by what I can glean from the forums and the Arcon page that the convention is going to be in the old union where it's been years prior? The Arcon website has the following information on location:

Q: Where is ARCON held?

A: The location for 2009 is still up in the air, needless to say it will be on the SUNY Oswego campus. We'll have more information when the location is set.

That leaves a whole lotta campus, like all of it, open as possible locations.

Just asking to be positive because of the time I have to be there. I'm cutting it vaguely close (at least for me) and IU don't want to wind up wandering around looking for the damn thing while everyone is sleeping or not there.

Good times. Thanks a ton to everyone who purchased weapons from Hammer & Cox today!

Looks like Hammer & Cox will be at SimCon in two weekends, in Rochester. See you there!

Good times. Thanks a ton to everyone who purchased weapons from Hammer & Cox today!

Looks like Hammer & Cox will be at SimCon in two weekends, in Rochester. See you there!

Boy, I hope you're not there in 2 weekends. You'll be there by yourself if you are. ;)

Simcon is on the 28th and 29th. I'll try to come out and hang out with you on the 28th, after I get out of classes. The Dagorhir demo is on the 29th (Sunday).

Hey, I just wanted to say Arcon was a lot of fun! The FP was a great time for me and I appreciate those of you who taught me a few tricks of the trade with dual wielding.

JC, thanks again for the comments you made; it made my day. Let me know next time you want to knife fight, it was entertaining! lol

I don't think I've had that much exercise at one time since I started my desk job in Rochester. It was good to get out a bit. Looking forward to April (weather permitting) and next FP guys, thanks!

It was lots of fun.

My knee is killing me from that fall I took, but it was great hanging out and seeing everyone.

Guest Elrohir Amandil

I really appreciate all the support that the Novitas crew pulled in. It really helped fill out Saturday very well and it was pretty thrilling to see 50 people or so walking around the food court with weapons or looking at Novitas stuff.

I hope we can have a space as accommodating for you all next year.

...ow. I feel like I went through a full event in just the Fighter Practice. Shows how out of fighting trim I am and I've made plans to correct that. Also it showed me where I need improvements. So it was good all around. Got the blood flowing for next event, though, and I'm all kinds of pumped up.