Sign in to follow this  
Telmar

chain mail feet

hi, at paul smiths college we have a woods man's team and to compete in compotions every one has to have chain mail covering there feet(i guess that they don't like the idea of toes flying all over the place). i was wondering if some one knew where i could find some chain mail for my feet at a resonable price. thanks

-Scott Travis

hi, at paul smiths college we have a woods man's team and to compete in compotions every one has to have chain mail covering there feet(i guess that they don't like the idea of toes flying all over the place). i was wondering if some one knew where i could find some chain mail for my feet at a resonable price. thanks

-Scott Travis

LMAO.... Jon was working on Chainmaile boots... when do you need them for?

Aren't there, like, lumberjack supply stores that sell what you need?

Or butchershops? Hahaha...oh wait that's for upper body

Would our standard steel larp chain mail even protect from a dropped chainsaw?

Yep. My ex was (fuck, is) on the ESF lumberjack team. They'd use leather chaps to stop a skipping chainsaw from wrecking your leg. Chainmail would work a bit better, but good luck finding chainmail chaps.

They also had essentially metal sabatons for some of their events. Like, the insane ones where you stand on a stump, and chop it in half beneath you. THe idea with the chainmail sock was, you didn't cut your toes entirely off, you just broke them and left them in place. The armored bootcovers were much safer.

Insert Chain Chaps here : "Chaps"

Yep. My ex was (fuck, is) on the ESF lumberjack team. They'd use leather chaps to stop a skipping chainsaw from wrecking your leg. Chainmail would work a bit better, but good luck finding chainmail chaps.

They also had essentially metal sabatons for some of their events. Like, the insane ones where you stand on a stump, and chop it in half beneath you. THe idea with the chainmail sock was, you didn't cut your toes entirely off, you just broke them and left them in place. The armored bootcovers were much safer.

Insert Chain Chaps here : "Chaps"

the chaps are nice but they don't cover the feet. all that is needed is for chain mail to cover the foot and go up to the knee, if they go higher that is fine but they have to cover the feet. to answer daves question no, there is no store around here that sells chain mail.

I don't know about chainmaille socks, but I'd tend to agree with Richard about the plate boot covers. In either case you'd probably be able to find what you want from Baileys.com since they seem to carry everything else you'd want to buy that's associated with forestry, from clinomters and biltmore sticks to firefighting equipment and drip torches.

I don't remember if the website is as helpful as the catalog, but as I recall it's free to request a catalog.

thanks every one, and dan i love you man(like a friend only) :)