Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

The Blood Games

First, links:

The Blood Games: http://www.thebloodgames.com/thebloodgames.html

Ye Old Commons (the site): http://www.yeoldecommons.com

The deal is this:

The Blood Games is a weekend-long LARP event running from the evening of August 21 through mid-day August 23, 2009, designed to bring together players from all LARP groups near and far in a very large gathering. This is the second year of this gathering, and we expect competition will be intense to challenge last year's champion, the Kingdom of CRO. All LARP groups are invited to send their contingents to compete for glory and showcase their Realm in these Games. Player characters will spend the weekend fully in game, immersed in the excitement of the Blood Games and the plot surrounding it. The event will be filled with numerous competitions, both physical and mental, as well as a plethora of auxiliary action and intrigue throughout the weekend.

The primary theme of the Blood Games is a series of challenging competitions, culminating in a mega battle on Sunday. The contests include individual exhibitions of skill and talent, as well as team competitions of various types. Although competitors may compete as individuals, many will no doubt compete for their Faction, House, and ultimately, their Realm. The Realm that distinguishes itself most throughout the Games will carry home the Blood Games Prestige Trophy for this year.

Throughout the weekend, you will also have opportunity for small group action in forays against darker elements threatening the competitions, as well as against Factions, Houses, and Realms other than your own.

The organizers expressed to me that they really didn't need 30 of us to NPC for them, and that we would be better served by registering a team.

Fees are:

$25 to register tenting

$40 to register with bunk space

+$22 for meal plan of Saturday breakfast, Saturday dinner, and Sunday breakfast

So, who's in?

I want to go.

Dave, can you set a deadline for joining the KoN team please?

I may be interested. This might conflict with a Dagorhir event, in which case Dag wins.

I'm interested, but don't know yet if I have artsy-fartsy time conflict (possible show)....so yeah...what is the deadline?

i am in i will put in my vacation request tonight. we need to organize a carpool for those who will be going of course. (i for one can't make the drive in my pos car)

I need to know by AUGUST 1st to get our preregistration in.

Yes, that's a long ways away. Please decide sooner if you can so that we can plan appropriately. I'd like to know who wants to go by May 1.

We are allowed to register more than one team right?

I guess so. Has anyone seen a size limit on teams yet?

if we are going as one shot PCs, and not NPCs.. it seems that... we are allowed to set up a Kingdoms of Novitas participant tent to showcase our larp... If we do this... every 10 people registered gets us the 10th registree free.

There needs to be atleast 10 people to register a realm (IE: KoN) and 5 people for a faction inside of that realm (IE: GoST, Fighters Guild, ect) we may or may not wanna do that. Doesnt seem to be a limit size for the Realm or Faction for that matter

It also seems In game that some competitions give bonuses for... Realm Healdry (IE the Sept Symbol?) and faction heraldry (IE: Legion Symbol/GoST Symbol) Yay garb! Theres lots of different competitions... many of them are fighting but there are some mind games.. like chess maybe? some endurance/running competitions.. music competitions, crafting (boat building) Competitions. Card(poker?) competitions.

Anywho, Unfortunatly thats during Fall RA Training... We learn how to hold hands, skip around campus and talk about how much we love college. They pay me lots of monies so... I gotta go. Maybe next time.

Yeah, the idea is that we go as our normal PCs, and rework them to fit them into the Blood Games ruleset. We'll come up with an entertaining story IG about a buncha disparate PCs getting thrown through a dimensional portal by a noble of the Winter Court fae and having to struggle against people from other worlds for survival or something...

Yeah, the idea is that we go as our normal PCs, and rework them to fit them into the Blood Games ruleset. We'll come up with an entertaining story IG about a buncha disparate PCs getting thrown through a dimensional portal by a noble of the Winter Court fae and having to struggle against people from other worlds for survival or something...

"Marius, Iga, stop choking each other to death. We've got to work together now. Vincent, stop hitting on the elves from other places. No you can't keep her. I don't...FOX! Put her down! Anyone seen Brigidt....crap...."

This sounds like fun!

If there's non-combat games, I hereby suggest:

The Castigus & Co. Gambling team.

Victor, Scyriss, and all you other card sharps, Step up!

:(

this sounds like a -lot- of fun, even if we fail horribly to live up to their metrics.

I'm interested, but isn't there a cap per "realm" ?

"Marius, Iga, stop choking each other to death. We've got to work together now. Vincent, stop hitting on the elves from other places. No you can't keep her. I don't...FOX! Put her down! Anyone seen Brigidt....crap...."

This sounds like fun!

i can just picture this!

Some games have caps on participants, so I imagine you just choose the people you want to do it and the rest cheer. Some things must also be concurrent, as there's a lot on their schedule.

If you're on the fence about this, read through the events. There's strategy games, a bardic event, and other non-combat type stuff to do, as well as the skullball game, the mass melee, and so forth.

But man, is the fighting going to be different. They even allow tap-blocking...

even if it's burrito boffers and tap-blocking (VOMIT VOMIT VOMIT) it'd be cool to go hang out with 4+ other LARPs at once.

... even if we ARE better than everyone.

More info: we need ten people to get ourselves registered as a participant realm. We have that?

Guest Elrohir Amandil

Tap-blocking? Not familiar with that phrase.