Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

Utica Fighter Practices

god i wish i didn't live so far away thats a 2 hour car ride one way for me. i don't suppose anyone wants to let me crash at there place for the night then carpool up to the event at such short and last minute?????

(this is meant as a joke but if someone really would be interestred in doing this you can call me at 607-644-3157 otherwise i will see ya all tomarrow)

Well, if it's pissing rain we can obviously skip it.

The weather looks fine to me. Are you guys still having it? My and my friend Pat Lane wanna come up.

forecast has changed from "omg rain" to "wtf clouds". I expect I'll be out there as well.

Hi! I know Steve and I are not part of your Dagorhir unit since we belong to Narnia, but would it be ok if once in awhile we came to your fighter practice?

Marcia AKA Dame Flora of House Tobias from Narnia

Marcia, you and Steve are more than welcome to attend anytime you want!

Hullo all. I'm interested in attending Utica fighter practice (every Thursday! or is that not part of the title?), I even have a fair inkling of where I should go for it. Is it happening this Thursday, and should I come in outfit or is that not encouraged?

Yes, we fight every Thursday. If we're not, we cancel it here, so watch the forums.

No, we don't practice in garb.

Fair warning: the weather forecast is for thunderstorms this Thursday, in which case we'll call it off. But if we don't, come on down!

Awesome. Assuming it's not raining I'll be there. What would you recommend me to wear? I'm going to go with a pair of jeans I don't mind getting dirty and the boots I'll be LARPing in as a default outfit. Will there be weapons provided or must I scuff up my gnomish hammer?

I fight in shorts and combat boots. Others are in jeans and sneakers. Wear whatever you're comfortable in and aren't afraid to destroy.

We don't have any loaner weapons (NPC weapons live up at Vanderkamp), but most of us have extra personal stuff that we don't mind loaning out if you're not an asshat. If you have stuff, you should bring it. Fighter practices are a good way to try out different stuff - polearms and spears, archery, sword and board, etc.

All I have to my name is a gnomish hammer, the rest of the weapons I have are live steel. I'm interested in trying out different means of fighting, though my character is probably going to be a spellcaster when I come to the September event. A polearm would be good to try as I could most likely fashion myself a staff without too much difficulty. I've some rudimentary knowledge of boffer making.

In any case, it should be fun. It was raining tonight (I just got home) so hopefully it'll be clear for tomorrow.

It's going on 5 PM, still raining in Utica pretty good (I'm at a customer site maybe a mile from the Parkway rec center.

I'm out for tonight. I got wet enough last week. :)

I'll be there today. Brining 2 of my friends who are interested in joining.

We'll wait for you to show up before leaving for dinner. :)