Miles Castigus

A new Board is posted outside the Inn

a simple parchment writ upon it appears upon the board.

Comrades and friends of Vlean,

I humbly ask that I may speak to you.

We Vleanoans have long been a people who have known the might of our arm, the glory that comes from the sweat of our brow, the grace that flows from our finger tips. Our ancestors hundreds years long have cultivated Adecia, this, our home land, and we of more recent generations have taken those beginnings and completed a land like none other. Our shining city is a beacon of culture and stability, none who visit it would deny its beauty.

Our course was attempted to be bent when the Avatar Maon convinced our neighboring country to turn on us and attempt to take what was not rightfully theirs. Despite attempts to break us, we have not, will not let any being trample what has been ours, or ruin what we have made from what we are. True Vleanoans, stand strong, stand in your own might, improve on what has been yours from the start. No one has given this to you, none shall take it away.

Be you born or adopted to our sand, perhaps even allied, stand together, unite and preserve what should be.

-A true Adecian

Dante stands on the path reading the posting. Then rereading it. Shaking his head slightly as he makes his way towards the inn.

"what an idiot."

Melina walks slowly up to the sign, her sweaty hair is matted to her head and a large purple bruise is developing on her right arm. She gets close and reads the message.

"Shit. This better not be from the Inquisitor."

Peering at the post by the Adecian, thoughts wander back to a particular blood-stained book of distant origin. Taking a quill... he etches along the margin of the letter:

May those be honored who follow the path of Arsus Greenhallow. -D.O.

Baldisere walks up to the board and carefully reads the new post. He then Rips the note off the board. He then turns to address all those around and begins to speak

"The 'true Adecian' has somehow decided that a land created by the Sept is somehow "given to us by no one." Further, while the ancient name of our land is invoked in a transparent attempt to set himself apart as different (for the misguided will always flock to the new and interesting), he conveniently also disregards the reason for that changed name. Vlean is our name for a reason, the very war that he mentions. Let us not forget that Maon was an Avatar, and that the very war was a war of deception and greed against faith. For we stand strong, standing in the might of our gods, and improve on what was given to us by the Sept. Let none take away our highest virtue, the faith and the will to maintain it.

Always there will be idiots, who finding flaws with the world as it is, decry the systems of it. We do not sacrifice this world like a Nox-worshipper, in the vain hope that there will magically be another. The Sept gave us this, and we will not throw away their gift. We had Vlean, and so now we have Vleanoa, for what was Adecia was tempered in the forge of war and made anew."

He then rips the posting up and walks away.

Dante stands on the path listening to the so called inquisitor speak of the Sept's gifts. He waits until the inquisitor walks past before speaking.

"You are under the impression that what was made anew is better than before. Or made for the good of the people."

Melina walks back up to the board with a book under her arm. She searches through the pieces of parchment on the board and upon realizing the Adecian's note has been taken off, heaves a sigh of disappointment.

Laurel Quickmire had been enjoying a leisurely meal outside the inn and had witnessed the odd fate of the note. She nodded to the young newcomer.

"His Honor tore that strange note down, Missy."

(ooc: just so the new folks are aware, anytime anyone posts a note, you can always read it, even if someone "tears" it down, since its just posted on the tree behind you as well.)

Melina quirks an eyebrow. "His honor?"

She turns around and notices the note posted against the tree. (OOC: Thanks Steve. :( )

"Oh good."

Melina carefully studies the note; comparing it to certain passages in her book. She shakes her head and groans.

"I really hope these are only posted in Pinedale."

The terran shrugs and looks to her food.

"I doubt that statement would have much barring on farmers and bandits, I'm sure it's only here."

Then she looks at the human with curiosity.

"Are you a scholar? Or are you pursuing this "Adecian"? If you don't mind my asking..."

"Neither: I research what catches my interest and might affect me in the near future. Having a bunch of livid Veanoens marching into town looking for this "Adecian" happens to be on that list. I don't need any more people like our dear inquisitor asking for my papers. This sorry bastard better be willing to hand himself in when the well established country that he just provoked comes by to start torturing confessions out of people."

Melina pauses for a moment then closes her book.

"Sorry, I got caught up for a moment in the probably irrational thought of impending doom. I'm Melina, and you are?"

Laurel puts aside her bowl and extends a friendly hand to her.

"Laurel Quickmire! I work as a Whitesmith in the Bazaar when I'm not out and about with my crew, the Sy'Tel'Quessir. Pleasure to meet you Melina!"

:)

Melina smiles and shakes Laurels hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I've been in town a while now but I haven't been about town very much so to speak. Too busy really. I've heard names of different groups but I've only met a few members of town. Who leads the Sy'Tel'Quessir?

Laurel grins at the question.

"We Wildlings are a bunch of rouges, but if we had a leader, it would be the Septon Gaius Gift-Giver. We look to him for guidance. We are made up of Gaius and I, Lady Rhaveniel Telrunya, Neccero Wildstorm, Xicris Sarkana, Vany'a Snowe, Roland and Titus. Some of us are members of the Merchant's Guild, in which Miles Castigus is the Guildmaster."

"That's interesting, Septon Gaius and Miles Castigus are two of the people I've actually met in town. Gaius used to belong to the same legion as my employer's man-servant. Funny, I thought Miles Castigus was his chancellor, but he spends an awful lot of time over at the Bazaar."

Melina grins.

{{{ Let's go to PMs so we don't glom up the bulletin thread}}}

Laurel finishes her meal and hands her dishes to an inn maid.

"Miles frequents the Bazaar for many reasons. The Merchants Guild is new and we are still establishing rules and protocol. But mostly it is due to his sweetheart Rhaveniel. If you're not busy now, Meina you are welcome to accompany me there to set up for the day. I would enjoy your company."

:)

~Cromwell walks up and looks over the board, writing various things from each note on a parchment mumbling to him self before walking on his way once more slowly taking in the area around him~

Making eye contact with no one, a stern look on her face, Vany'a approaches the board and with a piece of parchment appearing to have been ripped from her journal, tags up a note that simply reads;

Looking for Price Quotes. Weapon of Martial Length. Silver.

Leave estimates with the Bazaar if I am not to be found.

-Vany'a

((I will be providing prop))

A new posting on the board

Vlean: a loyalist leaning on only they that stood by his side

He saw the limitations and projected clarity with right on his side

He heard the misguidance and spoke straight with truth on his lips

He smelled the fear and flowed back with pride from his heart

He tasted the insolence and shouted loud victory from his countrymen

He felt the oppression and stood tall with his sword in his hand

-A true Adecian

A notice is posted at the Inn and at crossroads throughout the area surrounding Pinedale.

To any and all residing in and around Pinedale and other outlying villages:

Any who would wish to further their understanding of the teachings and theology of the Sept, please seek out Sister Maeve VillaTerra at the Oddcrossing in Pinedale.

The ways of the Sept are not always easy to understand. What role do the Gods play in your day to day life? If you are confused, seek a deeper understanding, if you wish to simply discuss your faith, please seek me out. Septons are tasked by the Sept to serve you, the faithful. We are here to guide and assist you when you have need.

May the Sept watch over and protect you and yours.

Sister Maeve VillaTerra

Simple Sign hung on the board:

Wands for Sale:

Current stock

Major Wand of Heal Mortal (Full, 10 charges) - 80 coin

Wand of Anti-Magic Shield (Full, 10 charges) - 50 coin

If interested, see Giovanni VillaTerra

Props provided.

A note, written in a fine hand, posted on the board.

To those whom stood with me on the field of Pinedale this Friday of the gathering last past, I do hereby publicly thank for the honor of allowing yourselves to be placed under my command, even for the briefest of time. Though in the face of relentless and unending attacks of the undead we had to withdraw, we did so with honor, and more importantly no loss of life. All who were present that night fought, some with blade, some with spell, some with healing, all were necessary. Let us all see by this example that together we can survive any foe.

Narene Tvarus

The Sentinels are looking to refill their ranks with three bodies. We are currently without healer, Mage or scout. All inquiries are to come to the Terrace and speak with me directly.

-Vincent McFathom

General of Germinas

Septon of the Third Order

There is a note written in messy scrawl.

Looking for Tinkerer.

Will be gambling or drinking or both in the Inn.

~Raines Scarcella~

(Please send me a PM)