Miles Castigus

A new Board is posted outside the Inn

A note scrawled in Raines' finest hand writing is pinned to the side of the Inn.

~Raines Scarcella looking for an Ornamenter to craft a 3rd level Rod. Inquire in the Inn.~

Vany'a approaches the board with a piece of parchment in her hand. She finds an unused pin and attachs her addition to the cluttered sign.

Seeking to purchase, or have crafted, an item of sanctuary, and an item of dissipate. Willing to pay in advance.

~ Vany'a Snowe

Fox can be seen wandering over to the notice board, a hot dog in one hand and a medium sized missive in the other. Finishing the dog, he tosses some of his older notices in the fire, and tacks up the below, before leaving for his forge.

In the interest of Promoting and Restimulating trade, especially in the face of the destruction and havoc caused by the Icebreaker tribe, the Magic Emporium is happy to announce a new policy.

Effective immediately, the Magic Emporium will be happy to purchase any spare magical trinkets and weapons that you may no longer have need of at a rate of 40% of the production cost. The coin provided to you for your trinkets and weapons, may either be applied as store credit to reduce quoted prices for crafted items, or can be paid for in straight coin at the time of sale.

So let's say that you have a Rod of Mend Armor, but learned Mend Armor ages ago, and a Rod of Ghastly Visage would be much more useful for you. The Emporium price for a rod of Ghastly Visage is 32 coin, and the trade-in (store credit) value of your Mend Armor rod would be 10 coin, making your end cost only 22 coin.

If you'd like to trade in any of your unneeded items, or would like to contract a new order, please contact one of our associates.

Peace favor your sword,

Master Craftsman Ox of

The Magic Emporium

Friends and residents of Pinedale,

As many of you know, the ambassadors of the five nations have agreed to allow me to establish a Civen embassy in Pinedale if the majority of residents are in favor of it. I have asked many of you for your support in this matter, and I am pleased to say that only one of you appears to oppose the idea. Unfortunately, I have been unable to speak with all of you. As the town almost always gathers in full for the annual fighter's tournament, I ask that you allow me to take a few moments of your time for a quick vote before it begins. Any that have questions or concerns about the embassy can feel free to contact me before the vote, either in the inn or in private, so that the vote itself takes as little time as possible.

Patrician J. Titus Marianus

Temperance walks up to the board, reads Tidus's appeal, and Azgar's... and grins. Then she places her own notice and walks inside.

Healing scrolls, all levels, available for trade.

Specifically looking for non-poison alchemy, with a particular interest in Wolfsbane, Elixir of Toughness, and Garlic Paste. Willing to consider nature and aegis scrolls, as well.

See Temperance Cooper, healer, Druid of Summer, and resident of the Freelands, at Omar's Hammer

Richter walks up to the board and places a foot upon the bench that rested beneath it at the time and reads the most recent postings.

The dissolution of the Treaty of Ghage was foolish on the 5 kingdom's part. However thay have entire armies to back up their will. Pinedale

is full of strong fighters, but organized armies have resources that a realm like this could never muster. Talk of resisting with violence has me worried that

those in power will march swords in with such force and numbers as to leave no dissidents. I am not opposed to the Freelands remaining free but realistically it'd take

The acts of Avatars to keep it that way.

As for me, King Quartzhammer has graciously allowed my people to dwell in the capital city of Terra, and with Aurum returning to Gildencrest to attend to his matters I have another strong ally among the Earthkin, so I feel obligated, no, I desire to either help them or at the very least remain neutral in the ensuing conflicts. Neutrality is a Terran policy after all.

After the battle of Vostol I've ever had the urge to heal and help people.

After he finishes reading the postings he walks away toward one of the many trails leading into the woods.

The one-eyed Septon walks up to the board and places a notice on it, aiming carefully with his hammer to make up for the depth perception. The notice reads:

"To all peoples of faith in the benevolent Gods, a place of worship has been set up in the building formerly of the 'Lost Wolves' and lately of the 'Students'. All are welcome in the Temple of the Gods."

He walks off and posts several more flyers about town.

Raines walks up to the Inn Board with paper in hand. He looks at the mess of letters all over the board. He pulls several of his old missives down and tacks up his new one.

"Much better!"

The notice reads...

Seeking one Ribbon of Truth.

See Raines Scarcella.

I have money.

Smirking Delia approaches as Raines walks away,

She pulls out a bit of parchment, scrawls in charcoal, then tacks it up under Raines' notice:

"Also seeking ribbon of truth.

See Delia.

I have money.

Also some assets that Raines does not.

Willing to pay with either or both."

Olov adds a few lines to his prior post about the Temple opening:

"Brother-Sergeant Olov Sebastev welcomes any and all to the Temple at the eighth bell for daily prayers."

Delia strolls over to the board, checks to see that her ribbon of truth notice is still up then, begins unrolling a series of red and white banners which she hangs across from the inn:

DELIA

Entertainer, Minstrel, Wordsmith, Peddlar, Healer, Odd Jobs

She steps back to admire the banner, then heads off for a drink.

Vany'a hums to herself whilst tacking up a piece of paper. Written in Elven, then Common, then Draconic, it simply reads ---

"Looking to purchase, or have

created, a pin that can cast Anti-Magic Shield [once per game day].

Please seek out Vany'a at the Oddfellows cabin or the Temple of the

Beneficent Gods."

Akken approaches the board, and rolls his eyes as he searches for a spot. Checking to see if anyone is watching, he rips down some old notices and posts his own. In both Draconic and Common, it reads:

"Akken, Chosen of Draconus, will be facilitating a theological discussion and debate in the Temple of the Beneficent Gods on this Saturday, 2 hours prior to the Mid-night convergence. All are welcome to come and share differing points of view in peace. Further understanding of our alien Gods mandates open sharing of ideas, and more voices lead to better understanding. Thank you to the Temple for making this space available.

Note: It has been related to me that open worshipers of the Three would be in danger if they attend, so please exercise caution in sharing personal experience with this sort of worship. Apologies extended in advance."

ATTENTION

Language lessons are being now offered at the Temple, immediately following Septon Olov Sebastev's prayer sessions.

Lessons are open to everyone in exchange for donations to the Temple of the Beneficiant Gods. Give only what you can afford and feel is appropriate. Scrolls and potions that can be used to protect and/or heal those in need are also accepted.

This month we will be teaching --- Draconic

Please see Vany'a Snowe with questions.

Beneath Vany'a's note, another piece of parchment is tacked up.

Seeking an ornamenter to recharge a wand to heal mortal wounds.

Leave word in the Inn, or, if you are traveling toward Civen, seek me out at the Freemantle settlement.

Temperance Cooper, Druid of Summer, healer of the Freelands

There is a note written in thick dried blood. To those unfamiliar with Draconic, it looks to be nothing more than cryptic and eerie runes.

In Draconic:

Give to me your items of power, ritual components, or hidden secrets. In exchange, you will receive a magical weapon or ornamented item of your choosing, paying only the base cost for raw materials. I can craft anything that does not require the aid of ritual magics. Send your offers to me through the Crimson Courier, written in dragontongue. If I am not impressed with your offer, you will not hear from me.

Shadaku the Waning

A bill post, printer in clear bold flowing letters posted liberally about the Pinedale area.

Evenandra, in celebration of the traditional mid winter festivities would like to invite the Nobles, officials and adventurers of Pinedale to the former residence of one Lord Archibald from Noon till 5PM this Saturday. Light refreshments shall be served, and an audience with an official of the Evenandran embassy will be on hand for discussion and the sharing of ideas and culture.

(grog comes up to the boards and posts the following message.)

looking for a group of people who enjoy killing things and makeing money. if you have an open position or want to team up with me find me in the inn.

-grog

A new note is rudely placed over some others. It reads:

Wanted: 2 scrolls that cast abomination. Can pay 15 coin a piece. Payable when I return to Pinedale next month. Please respond via courier.

Akken, Chosen of Draconus

Vany'a approaches the board and shakes her head at the state of it. She takes down some old, out-dated notices, some of which were even her own, and reorganizes the papers as neatly as possible.

"That will probably last a whole day," she chuckles jokingly, though it was probably true.

In a free spot, the elf posts a note.

Looking to Purchase a small goblin iron weapon - a dagger or a short sword preferably. If this is being crafted, I have a specific design in mind.

Please contact VANY'A - I will be in Vostol, to the north, for the upcoming months. Please contact me by courier.

(The same message is then repeated below, in Draconic)

A small boy runs up to the notice board outside the inn. He searches carefully for an open spot before carefully tacking up a piece of parchment. His task complete, the boy rushes in to the inn to spend the new coin in his pocket.

The Temple of the Beneficent Gods thanks the citizens of Pinedale for their generous donations. The Temple has accrued enough funding to provide additional lamps and lamp-lighting service for the town. Future donations will be put to use maintaining the lamps and further town improvements. The Temple posthumously recognizes Mayor Brownfeather for his generosity.

If anyone has information related to the murder of Mayor Brownfeather, please seek out Septons Baldiserrie or Sebastev.

The Temple of the Beneficent Gods thanks the citizens of Pinedale for their generous donations. The Temple has accrued enough funding to provide additional lamps and lamp-lighting service for the town. Future donations will be put to use maintaining the lamps and further town improvements. The Temple posthumously recognizes Mayor Brownfeather for his generosity.

If anyone has information related to the murder of Mayor Brownfeather, please seek out Septons Baldiserrie or Sebastev.

Blagar checks through the messages, looking for any odds or ends that he could perform, after a moment he notices the message above, Laughing hysterically to himself he almost forgets to post up his own message,

Lower skill ornamenting at a cheap price, If you need just a bit of an extra boost one the battlefield then come see Blagar Lightwing. Wandering Merchant, Faekin extraordinaire. If its blue its magic and Blagar Is THE blue Faekin. Price for items is the cost to create the Item, scrolls of the spell or spells needed to make the item and a level 1, 2, or 3 scroll as payment. No coin necessary after what is needed to produce the Item.

Yes I said It, I get paid in scrolls, so you need something to make your trip a bit safer for a low cost than message me via courier or send for me at the Temple or within Omar's Hammer.

The Faekin smiles again as he heads inside for a drink.

Narene approaches the board, and finding an open spot attaches a bill-post to it.

Residence of Pinedale and the surrounding lands,

I have come to learn from sources with great reliability and integrity that our peaceful neighbors, the Piscenen peoples of the Lake, have taken the recent political changes in the Freelands and the subsequent actions of those governments as an act of aggression against them. As a consequence of those actions they prepare to make war on the People of Pinedale and the surrounding area with all the strength at their disposal, including it is said great and powerful magics taken from the Great Library of Nalbendel unseen by mortal eyes since the destruction of that great city. I hearby call on the people of Pinedale and the Freelands to renounce the foreign goverments now holding power in our land and, with luck, save us all from a terrible fate.

Narene Tvarus

Delia swaggers up to the board holding a fistful of flyers. Reading Narene's notice she tears a corner off of one and scrawls on it in charcoal.

Join me in a bit of diplomacy,

and they may yet realize

that we are not

Evanendra.

She tacks this up on a blank corner of Narene's notice then, satisfyed, hangs two flyers of her own on the board.

People of Pinedale

You are all invited and exhorted to attend a festival, in honor of the yearly thawing of the ice covering the crater and its lake, reuniting our fair town with our friends under the waters.

There will be excellent food, and drink, as well as a contest, judged by myself.

I will be searching for the greatest ocean or fish story, though songs are also welcome.

Prizes for first and second place!

EDIT: This will take place during the beginning of first shift, pending GM approval.

EDIT: This will take place during the beginning of first shift, pending GM approval.

((OOC: If you build it...they will come...))