Miles Castigus

A new Board is posted outside the Inn

Rosh walks up and posts a note to the board.

Rosh returns to be board and tears off the note he had put up.

The healer Eliana Ferrazzano (formerly Kent) was robbed of many healing scrolls which were then sold back to others at bulk price. Assistance is requested in replenishing her stores. Any and all healing scrolls will help. Fair price can be negotiated.

Also in need of assistance in liquidating valuable items.

Contact Eliana Ferrazzano directly.

Scribe Items Needed!

I Kaden, am in need of both Ritual Ink and Quill. Compensation can be given in coin or in scrolls of enchantment magics. If you can procure such items please look for me in the company of Blagar, I am the one in red.

Sept's Blessings

(Thaerion quietly drifts to the board at dusk and places a small piece of parchment in a corner. She smiles a little and skips away after making sure no one can see her.)

Request:

I am looking for a weapon-smith to forge an elven-steel blade for me. I can be reached by courier. Thank you.

-Thaerion

(Thaerion approaches the board with a pork bun in hand. She chews its savory goodness whilst reading the messages. She finds her note in the corner and gently takes it down. She reads it. Smiles. And tucks it in her pocket.)

A figure approaches the board he pins a piece of parchment on the board adjusts his mask and walks away.

THE MASK MERCHANT OF PINEDALE IS AVALIABLE FOR BUISNESS-

Level 5 scrolls

Any and all Consumables an adventurer could ask for.

Magic items for the beginning adventurers sold at unbelievable prices -

SEE THE ELF IN THE MASK FOR ANY AND ALL BUISNESS QUESTIONS

In association with Blagar the wandering merchant -

Eliana hadn't been seen around Pinedale for a little while and as she approaches the bulletin board it becomes obvious why. Her belly, though only slightly swollen at this point, had ceased to be tamed by the ties of her bodice. She kept a hand on the bulge while the other hand held a scrap of parchment, which she tucked into the middle of the board so it would attract the eye right away. Written in neat, blue script it read:

Eliana Ferrazzano, healer of Pinedale, continues to need replenishment of restoration scrolls plundered by bandits months ago. Any and all will be accepted. Reasonable compensation will be provided. It is most important as the healer is due to set off on a new adventure shortly and wishes to leave her companions well-stocked. Please seek Eliana or Baldisere Ferrazzano at the Temple or Omar's Hammer.

She patted her belly as she read over her notice, then turned on her heels and walked away - though these days her stride had a slight waddle to it.

(marcus approaches the board and posts the following)

I, marcus acturus maximus, shield bearer of the order of the shield will be offering my services as a septon to those in need free of charge. the services I will be offering are as follows but not limited to: confessions, judications, mediations, marriages, funerals, blessings, memorials, or just a friendly ear to talk to. I also am a master healer if anyone is in need of those services as well. I can be found either at the inn, as that is where many travelers seem to flock to, or at the disciples den formally known as the Templar's barrack. may the seven guard and watch your path.

Thaerion approaches the board when all others are deep in conversation. She shifts from the shadows of nearby trees and silently posts a note on the board. The writing is carefully drawn out with much thought put into the curves and shapes of each letter. The ink is fresh and of an unusual grey color.

I wish for residents of Pinedale to know that I, Thaerion, have decided to call myself in full, Thaerion Daewen. If you wish, you may title me one or the other, I will accept this. If my presence is ever wanted, one only needs to call out. I may be nearby.

Thaerion listens to the loud laughter mingled with conversations nearby for a moment and then, uninterested, melts back into the shadows, unnoticed by all except the stars.

Thaerion approaches the board and pins up a new sign.

Friends of Pinedale: I am looking for my decorative mug that was left inside the Inn not too long ago. You will know it by it's green color and vine-like pattern. If found please return to Thaerion Daewen. Reward available.

Thaerion walks away and peeks inside the Inn's windows and, not finding her mug, walks away.

(Marcus approaches the board and posts the following notice)

new to Pinedale and looking for safety in numbers? then come see Marcus Acturus Maximus found at the inn (pm me). the Templar legion is being reformed and is accepting new recruits. we shall assist you in equipment and other material needs. (OOG we are looking to recruit new players not part of a group yet)

the core of the legion is comprised of veteran battle tested fighters whose sole purpose is defending others from harm. our goal is that between the core members we can and will train all new recruits to be combat effective soldiers in both the melee arts as well as the magical arts. no matter the path you wish to follow we will help guide and train you.

Marcus Acturus Maximus, shield bearer of the order of the shields, officer of the Templar legion

p.s. we are also in need of a new quartermaster. anyone interested in the position please report to me as well for an interview

Baldisere, stoic and very clearly tired, approaches the board. He tacks a notice in the very center.

"People of Pinedale, the increasing undead hordes from Cairnhold must be stopped. To combat this, upon the hour of dusk on Friday eve during the next few gatherings, Septon Baldisere Ferrazzano will be conducting battle sermons at the Temple. Here, you will also find spells to aid you in your fight against the invading darkness. May the Seven bless you and guide you on your journeys. Septon Baldisere Ferrazzano "

OOC: This is BYOB. Bring your own blue-strips.

Oz walks up to the board and clears away some of the older messages before posting his letter in the middle of the board, Underneath Baldisere's

To all the people of Pinedale, I, Ozwaindwel Vankeldin Sen Craftwalker, am pleased to announce the opening of a new market in town for adventures, travelers, traders, and wanderers. Too long has our town not had a proper shop in which wares could be bought, sold, and traded in comfort and with ease. With the Harvest Festival coming in a few weeks, I have decided that Saturday morning shall be the grand opening of The Owl and Ore General Store. To commemorate the festival and the opening we will be raffling off a rare item: a rod that can hold any one spell of 4th tier magic. The winner will have the choice of what spell they wish to be housed in the rod. To be entered in a chance to win this powerful item all you need to do is stop by during the festival. One ticket will be awarded to each person who comes by the Owl and Ore and up to two more tickets can be earned by participating in small challenges we will be having throughout the day. We at the store will also be celebrating the festival with treats and sweets including my famous Cloud Cakes! I hope to see you all and Happy Harvest Festival!

Hammered in by Ferrous Irongall, this message reads:

"LET IT BE KNOWN THAT

In the dark of night the King of Lizardfolk and his translator did visit Pinedale,

did provide aid and comfort in midst of bloodshed and strife, to gain our ears.

And with this hard-won audience, did say that when the darkness comes, and

they said, come it will, using a word I have yet to hear: Tenebrous, then they

will stand at our side, in hard-fought battle for what all the living do crave: life.

The scaled-ones ask no price. Shed not the blood of your allies, Freelanders."

The masked merchant walks up and pins a flyer on the board.

"Wanted apprentice"-

Looking to learn of the merchant trade? Or just looking for some wok? The masked merchant wants you! If interested please contact Sorien Frayrim via Crisom Currier.

A harried looking Terran approaches the inn. He carries several rolled-up pieces of parchment under one arm, and is muttering distractedly about "thrice-cursed reprints" and "Whose pocket do the new ones come out of? Mine, but nobody asked me..."

He unrolls one of the parchments and holds it up to the outside of the inn with one hand, fumbling at his belt with the other, dropping rolled parchments every which way. He finally withdraws a small hammer and a few nails, and sets to putting up the poster. It reads:

ZJN3fsT.jpg

[Hala Maplewood, Siren of Voice and String: Freelands Tour 1595.]

The Terran steps back to look at the poster. He shakes his head. "Artists," he mutters in disgust. He bends to pick up the rest of the scattered posters, and turns to go, but stops with an oath.

Once more dropping the extra posters, he pulls a scrap of paper from a belt pouch, along with a much-abused quill. He wets the quill on his tongue, scrawls something on the paper, then takes one final nail and pins the note crookedly to the inn's wall, just under the poster.

rbIjkrJ.jpg

[in Pinedale for ONE DAY ONLY!!* Performances every hour!!

(Septly songs available upon request! Suggested donation 5c, tax deductable!!

*This performance sponsored by the Knights of Splendor and the Great Forest Elks Club.)]

His task completed, the Terran sets off down the path out of Pinedale at a hasty trot. As he leaves town limits, he might be heard to grumble, "How they expect me to make it all the way across the East Wind Plains by morning, I've no idea."

Ashlin approaches the inn, his cloak masking his face. Quickly and quietly he posts a piece of parchment on the wall by the door before leaving into the night.

Ashlin Burnheart, The Wandering Merchant is looking to employ a handful of skilled individuals throughout the coming months.

The more one has to offer the more they will be compensated. It is guaranteed that one will receive a master crafted item for services and at least 100 coin in loot. those who fight with a shield will also be paid an additional 50 coin up front. With no previous skill one has the potential to make 300 coin.

Send all inquires to The Wandering Merchant.

A man in a green and white tabbard walks up to the board and nails a notice up.

It reads:

To the Rhinos of Pinedale,

I request that a representative from your group, of your own choosing, meet me in the Temple of the Benevolent gods; There are important matters to discuss. Do not forget to bring an offering.

Herr Richter Von Wygraf

The man's task completed, he walks into the Inn and orders a drink.

Ashlin approaches the inn, his cloak masking his face. Quickly and quietly he posts a piece of parchment on the wall by the door before leaving into the night.

Ashlin Burnheart, The Wandering Merchant is looking to employ a handful of skilled individuals throughout the coming months.

The more one has to offer the more they will be compensated. It is guaranteed that one will receive a master crafted item for services and at least 100 coin in loot. those who fight with a shield will also be paid an additional 50 coin up front. With no previous skill one has the potential to make 300 coin.

Send all inquires to The Wandering Merchant.

are you still searching?

A Large Snow Goblin in heavy armor with a nail in his mouth approaches the board of the Inn. He hangs up a piece of paper on the board before setting the nail in place to be hammered in by his sword's pummel. He turns to walk away, proceeding to other nearby settlements to hang up the same sign for anyone traveling to Maplewood.

It Reads:

Swordsman seeking employment in Maplewood or outlying areas.

Willing to:

Perform duties of a Bodyguard

Retrieve stolen items

Punish thieves

Willing to get hands dirty

High tolerance for pain

Will not work in large groups.

Buzzers and Drakes must be kept away.

Must be allowed time for tea.

A notice is put up along the Inn board and at Owl and Ore:

Attn: Owl and Ore will be closing early the night of Saturday April Eighth at two hours past the evening converging of the ley lines. I invite everyone in the town and areas to come to The Spinning Jenny to celebrate my Twenty-Third Birthday starting directly midway between the evening and night ley lines convergences and lasting until closing. The Spinning Jenny with be providing food and drink, payed for by myself, for the entire night to all who wish to join in the celebration. Come enjoy a night out at the Jenny and celebrate with me. Signed ~Ozwaindwel Vankeldin Sen Craftwalker Talas Scholarwalker.

Marcus approaches the board and tacks up the following:

The Templar legion is once again recruiting. We are looking to fill 3 open spots at this time. No prior experience is required and we will provide training and equipment to those who join. Please see septon marcus arcturus maximus at the Templar barracks (pm me or see me at game).

Narene emerges from his room in the inn and posts a bill on the common board.

Where as the tents of so called "Elftown" are due to be put back up the fine room I have leased for the year in the Jenny is now available for rent on a month by month basis. It contains two bunks, with room for one more if you so wish to provide your own. Serious inquiries only, asking at least 100 copper, room to be rented to the highest offer, sent to me via a missive (PM) . Offers will be closed and awarded on April 30th. I reserve the right to cancel this offer on or before the 30th if for some reason the tents are not available for the gathering.

Narene Tvarus, Master of the Sight.

Oma Blake limps over to the Board. After squinting a bit, she pins an announcement up, mumbling vague curses about old announcements.

"Interested in acting? Dancing? Song?

Join Oma Blake at Merry We Meet, the Maplewood branch of the Bless the Mask Players, for classes or one on one training.

Monday Class - Motivation and Direction: Why characters do what they do

Tuesday Class - Spoken Projection: How to make your voice heard

Wednesday Class - Dancing: Two left feet are okay if you have rhythm

Thursday Class - Song-writing and Poetry: Rhyming is not always your friend

Friday Class - Improvisation: How to make up believable tales

Group classes 3 coin per session, upfront. No refunds.

One on one training available upon request. Prices negotiable."