hivemind

CNY Heavy Boffer Combat Club

Yeah, it's full speed and full force. You don't really have to back off unless someone complains. I mean, no one's trying to hurt someone, but no one's pulling their shots much either. The weapons are so ridiculously padded that it's a moot point anyways. This is a game where I'm allowed to run someone straight the fuck over with my shield, jump on top of them and stab them repeatedly. You can kick shields. Missile weapons can headhunt.

Yeah, it's full speed and full force. You don't really have to back off unless someone complains. I mean, no one's trying to hurt someone, but no one's pulling their shots much either. The weapons are so ridiculously padded that it's a moot point anyways. This is a game where I'm allowed to run someone straight the fuck over with my shield, jump on top of them and stab them repeatedly. You can kick shields. Missile weapons can headhunt.

Sounds fun. I would love to give it a try, judge afterwards whether or not it's something I would want to do continuously.

I'm gonna bring my stuff this Thursday so people can check it out. I'll run you over with my shield a few times and see if you're still interested. :)

In fact, anyone who is vaguely interested in this would help out a lot if they could show up at this Thursday's Utica fighter practice.

Let me mention that just marking your shafts with something at the 28" point is not enough. You need to put a draw stop there. Simply having a piece of tape wrapped around the shaft a bunch of times till it makes at least a bump there is enough. The other option is making sure your shafts don't allow for more than 28" of draw. Other people will be firing your arrows (likely back at you), so you can't count on someone not being a dumb ass...

If you're truly shooting to be a Dagorhir unit, I thought I'd post the following link.

http://www.dagorhir.com/dagorhir/Rules.htm

A good read, without being too complicated. That's all of the official rules for National Events. Local chapter rules can have variations, within reason.

=) I am in.

Guest Elrohir Amandil
In fact, anyone who is vaguely interested in this would help out a lot if they could show up at this Thursday's Utica fighter practice.

I am interested but only if there are people at Oswego willing to carpool and offer some gas money. Most of my fun money has to go to Novitas this weekend so I can't afford both trips on my own. Also, I don't think I have any good weapons for this event. I have a couple non-Cadillac weaps that I could bring but otherwise...

The faster we can get this rolling, the more stuff we can do this summer with it. please, if you're interested, show up Thursday. We'll fight, then discuss over tacos.

The faster we can get this rolling, the more stuff we can do this summer with it. please, if you're interested, show up Thursday. We'll fight, then discuss over tacos.

I might be 30-45 mins late but I will be there.

OK, let's get a good turnout for tomorrow's fighter practice and we'll talk about if and how we're going to do this. Rich is running another Dag event in Rochester on July 12th. Let's see what we can get together for that.

I would definitely be up for doing this if the option is still on the table.. Can anyone give me the succinct version of anything I have missed by just now coming in?

Hour and a half or so.

Nothing's stopping you from getting some people together and fighting. I mean, if there's interest in Oswego, then do it. If there's not, starting a Dag unit there won't help.

im from oswego and would be interested in a fighter group in oswego?

--john--

God, I wish I lived up there so I can get into this. I could imagine my blood pumping so good...

um, Aj...

http://taurendor.bravehost.com/

Taurendor is the Philadelphia based chapter of Dagorhir Battle Games.

I would definitely be up for doing this if the option is still on the table.. Can anyone give me the succinct version of anything I have missed by just now coming in?

The Cliff's Notes are that you have missed nothing yet other than a couple weapon/shield building sessions. We have done nothing as an organized unit yet, so if you want in, speak up, then show up. We're planning on hijacking the Thursday night fighter practices for Cairnhold Legion practices.

The Cairnhold Legion will be a unit in Dagorhir's Winterfell chapter, which is based in Rochester. We're going with a theme of black and dead.

Yeah, I just sent an email to them. I think it would be really great to play Dag with you guys though.

You can always come up for the big events. Feel free to drag a couple people from Taurendor with you. Much like how I'm a member of a unit based in Buffalo, despite living in Rochester, you could be a member of a unit based in Rochester, living in Philadelphia.