Swords, you're fine with an Edhellen weapon (I can sell you them, $24-$38, or www.edhellen.com), making your own (millions of tutorials on the net), or just make a mace with 1/2" PVC core. I can help sew covers.

Spears, there's really only one answer: you need a color guard flag staff (commonly called bandshoppe poles at Dag, after the site people buy them from): http://bandshoppe.com/catalog/productDetai...lass_Flag_Poles We can do a group order to keep the cost of shipping down, and use some extras for red weapon shafts as halberds or big-ass axes or something. I can help sew the covers.

Shields, it can't be more than three feet across, and no taller than you are from ankle to chin. They also take a metric asston of foam to pad correctly, but you don't have to pad them as much as I did unless you're going to run people over like I do. Rectangular is best, but other shapes (kite, heater) are OK too. I don't recommend a round shield - leaves your legs exposed. If you don't want a curved aluminum core like mine, grab some 3/8" plywood and cut it to size (leave it about 6" short in each dimension for padding). I'll help with strapping and covering.

Another option for shields is look for the big blue plastic barrels (like the cabin trash cans at Vanderkamp - don't steal those!) We can cut them in half and get two nice light curved shields from them. I think if we do it right, we can get two round bucklers form the top and bottom too, for the archers/spearmen.

I have ordered five black 8' fiberglass poles. They will cost you $16.94 each. Let me know if you need one. I'll save one for Jim (red weapon) and one for Jimmy (spear).

I'd like to get one into a spear, though it can wait until everyone else gets their first dibs.

Also, I think I'd like to write "Cairnhold" on my weapons, possibly in Terran or one of our languages...

LAWL, no laphabet for that one that I know of - unless that's what we were using those chthulu runes for...

LAWL, no laphabet for that one that I know of - unless that's what we were using those chthulu runes for...

Yes, that is for the Black Speech.

Not something you guys will need to worry about at this early time, but be carefull about putting your unit name on your weapons. Sometimes during weapon check at a large Dagorhir event (Ragnarok, Bdon Hill, etc...) if a checker fails a sword they will be asshats and fail all other weapons with that unit name on it, this happened to the Narnians there first year at Ragnarok. It's not a commen occurence but something I thought I should warn you about.

I'm probably going to need a pole too, if I'm going to be trying my damnedest to get a red weapon into the mix.

If you need a weapon, I'd suggest you get moving on procuring one. As excited I am about this, I will NOT be providing equipment for everyone. The five I have ordered are already spoken for.

If you need a weapon, I'd suggest you get moving on procuring one. As excited I am about this, I will NOT be providing equipment for everyone. The five I have ordered are already spoken for.

Ack! I had no idea, only saw three spoken for on here. No worries Dave.

Anyone in my area need a few of these? I plan on ordering some poles in the next little bit, and if anyone wants to piggy back an order with mine, let me know.