Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

This Weekend

I am flying solo all weekend, and will be making myself a spear. If you need to make weapons, arrows or shields for Dag, this is the time to get over here and do it. Gimme a call, we might as well incorporate some beer and Guitar Hero World Tour too...

Sounds good to me. O and Dave get my number from Brett pl0x.

I expect I'll be over as well, if I'm in town.

Saturday has come and gone. Dan was here all night, his shield is about 75% done. I started a dozen arrows last night and finished them today, and rehilted Dan's sword

The rest of youse, not so much. :D

Guys, this stuff doesn't go together fast. Yes, it's big and blocky and ugly, but that does not equate to being fast or easy to make. The weapons and shields are multiple layers of different foams with very specific, rather complicated taping. The swords you can buy from me very reasonably, but anything else you're building yourselves.

July 12th is rapidly approaching.

With that in mind, Diana's gone all day tomorrow too, and my basement is once again open. Please take advantage of it.

Well, that's three! Brett's shield is done except for the covering, so he's got the hard part out of the way. I'll pick him up a sword from Edhellen at Origins this week. Jim Roth's tombstone-shaped buckler and sword are also done, and Dan and I worked on a second, longer red for him. I made some progress on my polearm, mostly in reinforcing the stabbing tip and padding the shaft. I can hook a structural support beam in my basement with the axe head, and put all my weight into pulling on it, and there's very little flex in the head, so that's excellent. ;)

July 12th is rapidly approaching!