hivemind

2009 Events Schedule

July 12th - A Feast For Crows - Rochester NY ++ This is our debut event. Should be 30-40 people. I'd like to have all hands on board for this one.

August 29-30 - Brushwood - Sherman NY ++ http://www.kingdomsofnovitas.net/forums/in...?showtopic=4004

September 13th - A Storm of Swords - Rochester NY ++ This is the Winterfell warm-up for Badon Hill. We expect a sizable portion of Tartarus Invictus to come out as well. This is another Sunday afternoon event in Ellison Park, this time with more space.

September 24-27 - Battle of Badon Hill - Somerset PA ++ http://www.dagorhir.com/badon/

October 23-25 - A Clash Of Kings - Vanderkamp ++ http://www.winterfell-dagorhir.com/cgi-bin...s/m-1246330299/

If you're planning on being a part of the Cairnhold Legion, please plan to attend these events.

That's really it for stuff I would like us to put on a good showing at. There's a complete national events listing here: http://dagorhir.com/dagorhir/events.htm and if there's anything else people want to do, I'm game.

I was bouncing around the idea of having the October event at Vanderkamp, but because school will be in session, I was thinking it might not work out so well. I'd still be game for the idea. I love woods battles.

I hear you, but I am completely insensitive to the needs of the under-18 crowd. Besides, I'm thinking it's an arrive Friday night, fight on Saturday and Sunday morning, then go home kind of thing.

I mean, shit man, they get a thousand people for Badon Hill at the end of September. How's that any different?

Badon Hill has a better location, as its close to Maryland/DC and Ohio, two of the biggest areas for Dagorhir. The first year we might be able to plan on 40 or so. After that, it'll grow quickly.

Shitty. As close as i am to getting sucked into the shield wall, I wouldn't be able to make the first two of those.

<. if i can get my bandshoppe poles in soon enough try and be attendance.>

I've added the October event at Vanderkamp to the Legion events schedule.

You can add "A Storm of Swords" to the list. It'll be on September 13th. It's historically been a warm up for Badon Hill. I listen for rumors of what battles are planned for Badon Hill, and try to run similar scenarios so people have a chance to think more about tactics for the big event. I expect it to be a little smaller than "Feast for Crows", but I don't expect it to be dinky.

September 13th is my birthday and my wife will certainly shoot me if I even try it lol. I will throw it out there but no promises. :P

Seems to me that you oughtta be able to do what you want on your birthday. She can have you Saturday. :P

Yes, practices are at Ellison Park for the foreseeable future. Same place as the event was.

Unfortunately I'll be unable to attend Brushwood. I've made plans with my family long ago that I had forgotten about and have been only recently reminded. :mellow:

I see nothing stopping me from attending the rest of the events, though.

Real Life sucks. I won't be able to make brushwood due to work and I am currently begging and demanding the time off to go to Blood Games. My sincerest apologies. I am more angry then anyone about it.