hivemind

Team Organization

I've really begun to think about the organization of our "team", and how we'd square it with our plot and game if we played our KoN PCs for the weekend. This is what the Blood Games staff recommends - that you remake your usual PCs in their system for the weekend.

I guess as long as Plot will come up with some reason all these different PCs will be there at the same time - and working together - then we can do it that way. The Blood Games "plotline" is designed to support this, from what I understand.

Failing that, we have two other options. One would be to create new KoN PCs and then port them into the Blood Games system (this is kind of a dumb option to me) and the second would be to simply make new concepts and characters for the Blood Games and roll with one-shot characters.

What do people want to do?

I would be so psyched to take our normal characters. I really don't think there is a reason we can't come up with a weird plot twist for the storyline. Also we could always take our normal characters and just not have it effect our plot at all.

It'd be pretty strange, for me at least, to have to retcon a whole weekend of interactions with the other PCs.

Yeah it would be pretty odd. I suppose it's probably just because of how I have been picturing the trip this whole time but I really like the idea of our characters going.

I'm fine with taking PCs, as long as Plot can work something out so that we can talk about it IC afterwards. I mean, obviously I'll take Ivan not Wei, and maybe others would rather bring alts too.

why not just call it what it is?

The Blood Games, where the best fighters from a given town gather to compete for glory and honor

If your PC wouldn't go, then there's no point in plot trying anything. It just winds up being Unreal Tournament, where you're plucked from wherever you are and set to fight until the fightin's done.

There's still going to be stories people want to tell afterwards, and relationships between PCs may develop further than they would at our usual events, or whatever. Just because it's UT doesn't mean it didn't happen for the PCs.

this is something grog would really do. as for a concept it could all be a shared dream or something. just an idea

That's a good question, especially since Lee and I don't have characters atm. I mean we have Tess and Maim but I can't wear contacts on doctor's orders so I can't play Tess, and one of Lee's ripped. We could get our alts\new ones done by then or we could make one shots. :ph34r:

We're probably better off letting it be an "elseworlds" story with versions of familiar characters than trying to figure out how to shoehorn it back into Novitas.

ok so i have my charector all made up (basically its grog in thier system) i went to fill our the reg. form and i had a few questions

whats our realm and faction names going to be.

I sent an email to them asking how we should go about that as we are registering individually, actually. Waiting to hear back myself.

I got a reply, by the way:

HH - I will add the Kingdom of Novitas as a participant LARP and Realm

So we are listed if a bunch of us go! :) we can list that in our realms and such.

but what will the faction name be though or are we just going to use kingdoms of novitas as both the faction name and realm name???

I'm fine with all under one banner. I don't feel the need to fragment into sub-groups.

I would certainly love to bring my character. If it was just a big tourny announced that would prob be good enough for him. To bad he revoked the 'Champion' title >.>

Im also not opposed to bringing new characters.

Also... Should we coordinate types of weapon users? Several events only let a few of a certain type of weapon users in IE: Board+sword/Spear/claws. This being, if we arn't going to use our current characters as a base that is.

Also... Should we coordinate types of weapon users? Several events only let a few of a certain type of weapon users in IE: Board+sword/Spear/claws. This being, if we arn't going to use our current characters as a base that is.

I read through the rules, there isn't a limit to weapon types. Secondly, they suggest that if you are playing an existing character, to keep your build to reflect that character. So, I wouldn't bring Vincent into the games and have him throwing spackets all day long.

At first glance it seemed that way... I was speaking of competitions. But at second glance, theres only one fighter style competition that has a limit on weapon types - The Skull Tourny. So never mind! =D

I'm also registered. I'm coming as Chang Tzu, and have registered as a vendor (I'm bringing all my Hammer & Cox stock), but I'm going to build Chang Tzu as a support character (which he was, so it's kosher). Come to me for healing at my tent, which will be a Safe Ward.

25 CP

--------

1 - Healing 1

3 - Healing 5

2 - Remedy Maim

5 - Magical Aptitude

5 - Crafting Safe Ward

2 - Light Armor

5 - All Melee Weapons

2 - Florentine

--------------

25 CP