hivemind

Team Organization

Zander (???unless I change my mind before registering)

One-Handed Weapon (3)

Florentine (2)

Regular Shield (4)

Heavy Armor (6)

Melee Shatter (7)

Melee Damage 5 (3)

Total: 25

Dren's build, for reference:

-------------------------

Florentine (2)

One-Handed Weapon (3)

Body x3 (12)

Stun (9)

Disarm (2)

(Correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear I read that you get +3CP for something on top of the normal 25CP... it might be for early pre-registering or whatever. If not, then scratch out 1 body above).

You know that there's a lot more to this than fighting, right? There's all kinds of non-combat challenges too, and I have to assume some of them will want magic.

Yea, there isn't going to be much healing or magic flying around it looks like. We could certainly use someone with heavy crafting skills... or a combat healer... or even just more bodies for the pile...

*crosses fingers*

You know that there's a lot more to this than fighting, right? There's all kinds of non-combat challenges too, and I have to assume some of them will want magic.

Yes, but we were told to make builds similar to our existing character builds. I don't craft items, I don't heal, and casting magic is minimal for my character.

It costs a ridiculous amount of points to try to buy up crafting & magic without that being your primary focus.

It's 6 skill points (almost 25% of your allowable build points) to be able to heal 1 point of damage ONCE per battle. It just seems like too much to spend unless you wanted to play a full healer.

On top of that, I could use magic Stun (which I suck with tag bags) for 16 points (magical apt + magic stun)... or I could buy the same ability on my weapon for 9.

Crafting requires you to turn in items. I have no idea how frequently people acquire these crafting components in a single game and they're 1-use items anyway. Again, it just doesn't seem practical.

Dont you make a metric ton of scrolls n other stuff?

There's no scroll making in this game according to the rule book. From what I read, there's only the ability to be able to trade in components to craft magic items.

I don't really know how the whole thing works and since it'll be our first game I don't want to make things more complicated than they need to be.

Honestly, I'm just going to have a good time. I'm not looking to win the competitions, be they non-combative, magical, or whatever.

I'm going to say the one thing that noone ever wants to say for fear of negativity or dislike.

I am going with the intent of winning. :P

Yea, Yea poor sportsmanship I know.

Well, I made Chang Tzu a support guy, so he can heal you guys - but you gotta come to him.

Is Chang bringing any of his master's with him? :P

i got the 3 extra cp because i got registered early enough. so i have a slight edge on everyone in cp points but i built for grogs specs.

i got the 3 extra cp because i got registered early enough. so i have a slight edge on everyone in cp points but i built for grogs specs.

I thought everyone registered early enough to get the bonus (well... except Scott)

june 30th was the cut off date for the 3 extra cp. if your reserved before aug 1st you get 2 extra cp. after that theres no extra cp gained.