Sign in to follow this  
Vicious the Jester

A Clash of Kings - October 23rd to 25th

(Pardon some of the awkwardness, this is cut and pasted from the Winterfell forums.)

This is a preliminary announcement to see how much interest there would be in this event. We need extra time to plan this, so we're looking into it now.

This would be a full weekend event. There would be battles on all three days and at least one battle at night; probably only one battle each on Friday and Sunday. The proposed location is Vanderkamp Center, north of Syracuse (in Cleveland, NY). It's an hour and 45 minute drive from Rochester. It's a large camp with 6 cabins and space for tents. There's lots of wooded area (there WILL be woods battles) and a big field (at least as large as the field we use at Ragnarok).

Basic costs would be:

$10 per person gets you in for the weekend. $10 gets you a bunk in one of the cabins for the weekend. $10 allows you to set up a tent and sleep as many people in it as you want (for the economical minded). We have the option of offering a meal plan, but we're holding off on details on that until we know how much interest there is in general.

If a unit wishes to reserve an entire cabin for their unit, the cost is $100 for the weekend and this provides sleeping space for 10 people. (Tents can not be set up near the cabins).

Prices are subject to some minor modification as we're working out the exact details of what will cost what. We're trying to include dinner for everyone on Saturday, but that might require a slight increase in cost (no more than $5).

The plans for the event are to make it very "Unit Centric". There would be at most 6 teams (unless turnout is higher than anticipated). The teams would each be based on a unit. The units will be given the option of hiring on mercenaries to even out numbers and teams. Each unit will have a "King" for the weekend. All battles will use these teams (although teams may change a bit over the course of the weekend, based on where mercenaries are working).

If I can pull things off as I'm hoping, there will actually be multiple battles occurring simultaneously. We will need marshals to volunteer to help with the battles.

Interested parties can contact me at winterfell at dagorhir dot com. Please spread the word. We need at least 40 people to make this happen.

The Cairnhold Legion will attend with as many as we can.

I would love to do this, but I am not attached to a legion or guild or other term for a unit.

As a pseudo aside, how would I go about doing that anyway before going there in September and being completely blindsided by not knowing anyone?

For Dagorhir, pretty much just show up and let the event organizer know you're a total noob. There's plenty of unaffiliated folks in Dag.

Keep in mind that Winterfell/Dagorhir and Novitas are two different things. Dagorhir is about the fighting. Novitas is about the role-playing. Winterfell happens in Rochester. Novitas happens in Cleveland, NY.

I need bodies!

I need a few hearty folks who can be at CoK on Friday night as early as possible. We have some setup to do, and I need some people to NPC monsters in the woods for a few hours - BIG monsters: ogres, minotaur, kazvaks, undead, etc. The idea is that the Dag folks are going on a snipe hunt, only to be ambushed by ONOS MONSTERS SUPRIZE BUTTSECKS!!11

I'd like people who know their way around camp and aren't afraid of getting pummeled by terrified Dag players in the dark in the woods (this will probably be a new experience for most of them and I expect adrenaline levels to be high).

Hopefully, this will bite some of them with the LARP bug, and we'll get a few new players out of it from the Rochester/Buffalo areas. With Julie's approval, I can give XPs for help on Friday night.

Hi Dave,

I'm interested, but how early is early? The soonest I can swing with work the way it is would be about 6pm..

That's the latest I could have you there, but if you can be there at 6, it's cool.

I'll throw 1XP at people for helping Dave out with this.

Bump for next weekend warning!

I need monsters there by 8 PM Friday. Snipe Hunt starts at 9 and ends at Midnight. I plan to place monsters out past the beach using vehicles, so you only have to walk back, not out there.

Legion guys, this includes you. We're not participating in this as players, only as NPCs, and I need all of you, please and thanks.