Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

The Finishing Touches

OK, we're a week away from our first event as a unit. Some last-minute things to remember:

++ Do you have a helmet? You really should get one. Beg, borrow or steal - a coif is good enough.

++ Make sure you have a belt. You'll need one to wear over your tabard.

++ Got black? Make sure you have all your black garb clean and ready to go.

++ How's your armor? If it needs repairs, now's the time. Make sure you have greaves, too, if you can. Shieldmen, make sure you have armor for your sword arm at least.

++ Transportation! I have room for ONE more person in my van (Dan, Brett, Scott C., one more). If we're really screwed for space, I'm sure Dan will drive too. Who needs a ride? Let's figure this out now.

Things you don't need to worry about:

** Tabards. I'll have them for you. They are pretty basic though, so if you want to be cooler (and advance beyond Zombie rank) you should produce your own tabard or surcoat.

** Makeup. I checked my makeup kit today, and I have two tubes of white and one each of black and red you guys can have. I also have hair white if you want to color your beards or hair. You should bring a towel and some wet-wipes (or similar) to clean it off with when we're done though.

Also some advise, remember to bring lots of fluids, specialy if the weather turns out hot, some snack food as well. Also a change of clothes for after, I'm sure most of you know this but it's always a good idea to remind the newer people.

The new site has a water spicket very close by, and the water is pretty good tasting and cold. Water should not be a real issue.