I'm hoping to pick this up very soon. I watched someone play it last weekend and hope it'll give me some practice so I do a little better in the Blood Bowl league that I'm in.

Wow, I like blood bowl. I played a different blood bowl game. http://fumbbl.com/ however it doesnt seem to be up anymore. Shame... It was a pretty good game that pretty much took BB RAW and put it onto a turnbased online multiplayer game... It was a small app, and had a decent playerbase. I toyed with it for a few weeks. It was alot of fun.

I've never seen or played Bloodbowl before, but it very much reminds me of Mutant League Football back in the day from the looks of it..

How exactly is the game played? Is it just a football game with bashing, blood and killing?? If so, it is Mutant League Football lol..

Mutant League Football was a rip-off of the original Blood Bowl tabletop game. It's basically football with killin' and smashin'. It takes "Fantasy Football" to a whole new level.

Mutant League Football lol..

Goddamn kids. Next you'll be telling us how Warhammer is such a ripoff of World of Warcraft, and how the LoTR movies are ripping off WoW too...

I had no idea it was a table top.. My mistake haha, well to me it is just like Mutant League Football..

I'll have to give it a go, looks fun..

Ok, I had to comment: I enjoy penny arcade. Here, it's clear what they're trying to make fun of, but they've missed the boat.

When people say Warhammer Online ripped off World of Warcraft, they're talking about the look and feel of the MMORPGs in comparison. In which case, Warhammer Online did come after WoW, and does have a very similar interface and style, despite some key differences. No one in their right minds would claim the original concept of Warhammer (which came out in 1983) is in any way similar to Warcraft (which came out in 1994)... or vice versa... because it's not.

Just like Lord of the Rings Online, at a glance, looks like modded WoW with a new graphics engine and no one would say Tolkien copied Blizzard (lol). In fact, just about everything copied Tolkien to begin with: Orcs and Elves (as tall, pointy-eared creatures).

Blood Bowl, Warhammer, Warcraft, etc... all owe their respects to Tolkien :D

With that said, the first kid who hears the Hyrule theme song and says "Oh, I remember Super Smash Brothers" is going to get punted out a 12 story building.

No one in their right minds familiar with the tabletop gaming subculture would claim the original concept of Warhammer (which came out in 1983) is in any way similar to Warcraft (which came out in 1994)... or vice versa... because it's not.

Fixed it for you.

Awesome Game.

Neat thing is that in multiplayer your team evolves. Meaning that over time players get better or injured. Changing the dynamic of your team.

I always found it ironic that everyone mentions the newer mmos copy or are similar to WoW....

Cause WoW was NOTHING like Everquest... <_>

Back on topic though Bloodbowl is awesome, and nothing is more satisfying than being ogres playing Vs wood elves and killing 95% of the team, only to actually tie the damn game cause the last turn my ogre with the football decided to think the football was food and stood there and slobbered on it at the Goal line.