Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

The Challenges of Corruption

Dan and I agree, we're still not happy with your Wrath attempt Jordan.

I suggest you organize a road trip to another chapter's event and bring a long 4-6 people, then lead them. Make it so that there's no question you're the man running shit that day. I will go with you.

Remember: if it was easy, everyone would do it.

I am claiming Carrion/Tammy as my greed challenge.

I think I've completed the Envy challenge (Badon/Father Christmas/several Tartarus Invictus events) but it doesn't really feel like it, so if I see that disapproving council disapproves, I can wait until Rag.

I have not completed Gluttony but it is my next goal. Omnomnomnom.

Dirge has completed Envy and Sloth.

Where you been besides that Taurendor trip? Rag doesn't count, no upstate NY events count.

Larp people can't count for Greed :(

Sure they can, provided they weren't someone interested on their own and you're just tacking your name onto them to fill a spot. I'm taking Tony and Richard's claiming Tammy. Neither of them probably would have done Dag on their own.

The Council has awarded Malevolence the Challenge of Pride for organizing regularly attended Albany fighter practices.

I think I've completed the Envy challenge (Badon/Father Christmas/several Tartarus Invictus events) but it doesn't really feel like it, so if I see that disapproving council disapproves, I can wait until Rag.

Neither TI events nor Ragnarok count towards Envy. You have half of it done for Badon Hill VI. I suggest you git yo' ass to the Iron Hills Day Battle for the second half.

The Council has awarded Malevolence the Challenge of Pride for organizing regularly attended Albany fighter practices.

Sweet. For the record, I need to serve as a herald for sloth and attend one more event for Gluttony. Did the demo count for lust or was than to much of an epic fail on account of attendance? In my opinion it was a fail. Only 3 non dag people. Unless one of those people(IE: Roman) becomes a regular member.

You need to herald for Gluttony and one more event for Envy.

Demo was a fail.

Are you claiming Roman for your Greed?

I'll speak with Jordan about it, I'm pretty sure that's his claim. I'm trying to get Gabe to go to events for my greed.

And err. Yea Envy and Gluttony..

Now that travel for work has come to a slow-down, I can devote more time to doing shit for Dag.

I'd also like to take claim for one of Gluttony's requirements from winning the CoK II Singles Tourney. I imagine that could go on the 'achievements' table on the first page as well :P

Thanks

Roman is my man, I don't Know how much he will be able to attend during the summer since he lives in NYC

Get him to Skeleton rank and he counts. He can fight all summer with Novi Antiqui.

Tony, what do you need to get to Skeleton rank? I need you there for my challenge to count. I know your shield needs fixing, what else?

shield is done dave once I fix the cover on it. I personaly feel my garb is a tad lower then where it should be though it techniclay matches dags vet guidlines I also just got feast garb so I think I have skeleton. EDIT: I need to get my tabard up to par. ATM its a blank black tabard. I am ordering an iron cross iron-on right now.

I am claiming envy (Badon/UBcon demo if that counts)

I will be claiming baazorg and the doyles for my challenge if they make it to skeleton also.

As of Saturday's demo at SUNY Oswego, I have completed the following:

Pride: To complete the challenge of Pride, the member must perform a selfless act that benefits The Cairnhold Legion, Dagorhir or the community.

++ Last year, and this year, I am taking time out of my vacation and spending money on materials to run Leatherworking classes at Ragnarok to help Dagorhirrim make affordable leather armor and accessories, to improve the overall garb standards of our game.

Wrath: To complete the challenge of Wrath, the member must prove their ability to lead the unit in battle.

++ Whenever I take the field, I do my best to lead us to victory. I have designed our combined arms strategy, and am constantly trying to learn from our battles, both successes and failures. I try to know each Legionnaire's abilities and utilize them appropriately. I have led us in many battles, but I am specifically claiming Badon Hill V, Badon Hill VI, and the Monday castle battles of Ragnarok XXV as my Challenge of Wrath.

Greed: To complete the challenge of Greed the member must bring a new member to the ranks of The Cairnhold Legion.

++ I am claiming Skeleton Cryptblight as my Challenge of Greed. Tony has become a valued member of the shield wall and has begun to bring us additional members himself from his Auburn practices.

Gluttony: To complete the challenge of Gluttony the member must do three things.

1. They must fight in a tourney.

++ I entered the Torchlight Tournament of Clash of Kings I run by Sir Tobias of Narnia. I won the Open tournament (any weapons choice), and fought in several other categories, including archery and pairs (with Primarch Bones).

2. The member must serve as a Herald during a fight.

++ I heralded for the second half of the battles at Badon Hill VI. I also spend time heralding at many local events and battles.

3. The person must act as a weapons checker (assistant or lead) during an event.

++ I assisted with weapons check at Badon Hill VI, and have been primary weapons checker at several Winterfell events.

Envy: To complete the challenge of Envy, the member must travel to two separate chapters (not units) of Dagorhir other than Winterfell, Lostwithiel, and Tartarus Invictus.

++ I have traveled to day battles in Angaron (Iron Hills) and Novi Antiqui. I have also attended the Battle of Badon Hill (Aratari) twice.

Lust: To complete the challenge of Lust, the member must actively assist in an official, advertised demo in the name of Dagorhir.

++ Primarch Bones and I ran a demo as part of ARCON at SUNY Oswego this past Saturday from 2 PM to 7 PM. We also did outreach with the local Amtgard game as part of this demo. We had a 3'x5' banner printed for advertising on-site, as well as distributed over a hundred flyers to con attendees and college students in the area while walking about in full garb and armor. We exposed over 25 people to Dagorhir fighting that had never done it before.

Sloth: To complete the challenge of Sloth, the member must attend and fight at Ragnarok.

++ I attended Ragnarok XXV for the entire week, fighting on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Does anyone here now dispute my right to claim knighthood in the Cairnhold Legion of Winterfell, and to be titled Ser, with the duties and privileges such rank bestows?

If there be no objections, I leave the disposition of this claim in the hands of Primarch Dustin Bones, and Ser Hallbjorn Eyvindurson of Narnia, Regent of Winterfell.

I am claiming Leon as my Greed challenge.

That's entertaining, because Tony also wanted to claim him. You two gonna have to duke it out.

Tony is claiming me?

Gotcha, I'm confusing myself with all you Auburn fuckers.

This is a good confusion to have.

i claim Andy/Nubz if anyone would like to dispute this we can settle it on the field anytime!

does that mean i get to claim matt or lurch?

As far as I can see it, with the exception of Tony, the rest of you are one big pack, and can't all claim each other.

Pretty sure the spirit of the challenge is "Bring somebody new" not "Join Dagorhir with all of your friends at the same time"

Dan is correct. Maybe we should amend the challenge so that you can only undertake it once you reach Skeleton rank...

Yeah, or at least you can't get anyone until you've met the requirements for someone else to claim you?

Skeleton works.

I'm fine with not being able to undertake it until skeleton rank.

But to clarify, the sequents of events went a little like this:

Tony: Hey Rich, us guyz in Auburn play this Dagorhir game. You should check it out.

Me: OMG this rocks! I totally gotta get some friends into it!

Me: Hey Leon, us guys in Auburn play this Dagorhir game. You should come check it out.

Leon: Yeah yeah, when I have time. Yeah, this is pretty fun.

Leon: Hey Andy, I go play this Dagorhir game in Auburn, you should come check it out.

Andy: Yeah, I heard of it. I played some AMTGARD a few years ago, but I'll come play Dag with you.

But, Matt and Lurch have been playing since last year. And it was kind of a team effort getting them to the event. I think it would be fair to say that none of us should be able to claim any of the 'current' group of guys we have showing up for practices. There are a few other people that I have been trying to 'talk up' Dag to get them into it. Always keeping my boffers in my trunk helps. (it also keeps my cats from shredding them)

No matter how you rule our collective group, Tony should receive credit for recruiting me, at the very least. He has been talking to KoN and Dag to me in my store since November. (assuming I reach skeleton, etc)