WilhelmKingspeak

The Big Combined Thread About BOOTS!

I'm not a huge fan of them, but they'll work.

Has anyone ever worked with the dingo Boots?

I've heard good things about them, but Idk how they would hold up or work in our game. They look okay (real leather, black/brown,...etc), so I think they'd pass.

Those are "engineer boots". Dan has been wearing a similar pair for years, they're 100% fine for fantasy stuff.

Those are "engineer boots". Dan has been wearing a similar pair for years, they're 100% fine for fantasy stuff.

Good deal, thanks for the quick response.

I have a nice set of boots for my PC, but it'll be nice to get a pair that I can use for NPCing, that might be able to withstand a bit more punishment.

Okay...so I since this last even has 'made me a believer' so to speak, I am looking into decent boots. The problem is that I have 'man' calves and I have a hard time finding boots to accommodate them. I was wondering if any women have had a similar experience and what boots they use.

I was looking at the Simple Medieval Boot from Medieval Collectables but was concerned about the calf.

I represent the Man Calves guild. If you're not in the place to take the $500 plunge into Sandlars and custom moccasins that have adjustable calf accomodation by design, you can do what I did.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sl_bs_2598094011_679380011?_encoding=UTF8&bbn=679380011&rh=n%3A679380011%2Cp_lbr_brands_browse-bin%3APajar&rnid=679380011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-leftnav&pf_rd_r=0E9B27B7MG5T0T4FN5EE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1607129682&pf_rd_i=2598094011#/ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank?bbn=679380011&qid=1396972438&rh=n%3A672123011%2Cn%3A!672124011%2Cn%3A679337011%2Cn%3A679380011%2Cp_89%3APajar&sort=price-asc-rank

Pajar seemed to have great tread and no problems accomodating my gigantic calves. I still use my brown sheepskin boots for NPCing and I still love them. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they make the model any more, which was completely absent of the anochronistic features many of those models have.

I'm glad you asked - I am in desperate need of new footwear as well and my legs are gorram tree trunks. -_-

If you look closely at that simple medieval boot it has a zipper on it, they turned both boots to make the zipper in the back but you can see it at the top

If you're talking about the Medieval Collectibles one, yeah, they do that. I had a pair from them (further up in the post) and had a friend remove the zipper and install laces. Honestly though their soles aren't great, and the synthetic leather isn't either. I used them for one event then replaced them with something else

I had an odd thought while strolling through random medieval craft galleries...

For people with turnshoes and other thin soled foot attire, would pattens/trippen like seen here (quarter down the page) be a good idea? Variations on it have two wedges instead of flat bottoms, but I thought with flat bottoms you could probably groove them to get a little better traction.

Mainly they're used to keep your feet out of the wet and muck, which'd be great if you knew it was going to be a rainy event weekend ahead of time.

Not sure if it's a good idea or not, looking for thoughts.

Medieval Collectibles is upping their game for "leather" boots.

Noble Boots,Buckled Calf Boots, Musketeer Boots, Roman Sandals, and more.

The fact that they say "very comfortable" in the key features, and the last pair of boots I got from the site actually didn't say that (and was uncomfortable to wear after awhile), makes me hopeful that these have decent soles.

I also realized they have engineer/motorcycle boots for sale there listed as Ranger/Riding boots.

Personally I wouldn't trust what that website is selling as far as boots, I would go log on ebay and get myself a cheap pair of German Engineer boots then save my pennies for the next couple of months until I could afford something from catskill, sodhoppers or son of Sandlar, that way you know your boots will last for years and not months.

I have a pair of these that some one got me for christmas, they aren't terrible but I already have a good pair of boots that I prefer so they don't get worn much. If you purchase these make sure you have good socks.

That guy's 100% full of shit, the way he talks like he's making something new and unique he developed. He's making the same damned thing Catskills and Sodhoppers and ten other makers are - but his prices are good. Get some.