Sign in to follow this  
Zander

Arrangements

I was talking with Dave and Dan about carpooling and we needed to get an idea of what would be needed at the blood games. Like Dave plans to sleep in his shop setup and if there is room I may try to bunk with him so we don't have to pack a tent on top of other stuff. It got me wondering if you guys were bringing tents and or anything else to the site. I planned to bring my own food but just stuff that doesn't require cooking. If someone is bringing some cooking tools I could bring meats or something else.

I'm packing very minimally. I'll be sleeping inside my display hut (it's a hut now, I have dark green canvas tarps for the sides and back, and a big one that covers the top and extends out for a fly in the front, and drops down to enclose the front too at night) on my cot. My meal plans are pretty much jerky and granola bars right now. More likely, I'll go around and meet other groups at mealtime, and scrounge their food. Even more likely, I'll just drive to the nearest place I can and buy food...

I have room in my hut for one or two other people. Two more it will be tight though. I assume Dan has dibs on the second slot.

Is anyone bringing a tent?

I just thought we were snagging a cabin, so I went for one in registration. I'll take the remaining spot, and either hand over my cabin spot, or try to finaggle a refund.

Hehe We can try and find you some bacon I'm sure.

So... there's six of us going so far. One of you bringing a tent?

I have a tent that could easily sleep six of us. It's not that big for traveling and packing issues. If it's needed it could be made ready to go.

I have a tent, but don't need it. I also don't need space in a tent. How's Steve getting there?

im riding with aj. i have a cabin reserved though. i would prefer sleeping in a bunk cause it means less stuff i have to bring (read long thick piece of foam for some comfort instead of sleeping on hard ground) which means less stuff we have to figure out how to find a place for in aj's box.

im riding with aj. i have a cabin reserved though. i would prefer sleeping in a bunk cause it means less stuff i have to bring (read long thick piece of foam for some comfort instead of sleeping on hard ground) which means less stuff we have to figure out how to find a place for in aj's box.

Ditto. Not sure which cabin(s) is/are reserved or any specific details.

Does anyone have any spare blades I could use for the event? I realized yesterday that all my swords are numbered, and I don't want to be breaking these things down for a non-KoN event. Looking for a pair of marshals and a shorty.

hey aj can i get a phone number i can call ya at if i get lost on the way to your place?? you can pm it to me if ya want.

Dan and Scott: I'm working a full day Friday, so we can't depart until about 6 PM.

hey aj can i get a phone number i can call ya at if i get lost on the way to your place?? you can pm it to me if ya want.

315-592-1861

Dave: Ewww I am so tired or jobs getting in the way of fun time. What's this world coming to. :D So you want me to show up to your place at like 5:30??

AJ, Steve, Rick: Can any of you bring a cooler? I doubt we will have room for one and drinks will be oftly warm otherwise.

i only have a small cooler that barely holds my drinks and sandwich. i will be bringing it for the sole purpose of keeping my stuff cold on the way up to aj's if we have room i can bring it along as well.

also to bring scotts question back to the fore front as to cooking meat and what not. do we have a portable stove or something we can bring? cooking implements?? does this place have fire pits near by were we can cook on the fire like we do at the odd crossings cabin??? or are we just going to bring cold/dry stuff to chow down on during the games??? just like to know so i can plan accordingly (read weather i am going to go with the meal plan they have or not)

I bought dry food, fruit, meats and cheese.

I have a cooler we can bring too.

You can be at my place at like 6. I need to get home, take care of the dogs, etc. before I can leave.

I plan to go off-site on Saturday sometime for a meal. The rest of the time granola is fine for me.

We're packing a tent, right? Can I beg/borrow/steal a section of that?

I'm with dave on the food thing. One off-site meal saturday ought to be enough, and poptarts or whatever are fine otherwise.

The tent I'm bringing to Dave's house can sleep 6-8 so it should be fine for all that need it. The issue will simply be making everything get into Dave's van.