Sign in to follow this  
Kender

2009 Blood Games After-Action-Report!

Andrew/Ordread/Idiot from Cro here.

You guys were solid. You brought a level of brutality and a love of combat to the field that most of the other LARPs weren't ready for. The only real fighting challenge I got there was fighting three of you in the barn, then stomping out the other team from CRO, which was AMAZING. And yes, shatter was the most frustrating thing in the world there due to a lack of defensive skills to negate. The power strikes [damage 2/5] you could block, and realize they're going to swing it again. The disarms/shatters on the other hand were a promise that you were in deep trouble.

I could launch a dissertation about the merits of medium/full contact vs. lightest touch. The only thing lightest touch gets is a larger possible player base as the less physically fit will be able to excel there. A medium/full contact system allows for a lot more action, as armor not only grants points but ACTUALLY PROTECTS YOUR BODY. Suddenly, that steel plate and chain was a wise investment.

We at Cro were very impressed with the way the latex weapons worked out, and while I can't speak for the owner/GMs past what they said to me, we're hoping to be able to incorporate them next year. [Just need some contact information to make sure we send business to Dave.] The guys and I are going to try to head out to make an appearance at Novitas, but the schedule for the fall looks full of conflicts. [We have 2 games left in Cro 4.0 and then next March is Cro 5.0]. In the very least, I know we look forward to seeing you all there next year. Let's say... 3 on 3 rematch in the barn?

[Oh, and Saturday morning watching Dren try to gank the Prince from Dogs of War? Priceless... We were discussing it and suddenly he's running to their encampment with weapons drawn.]

[Just need some contact information to make sure we send business to Dave.]

I'm right here bro, PM me through these forums, or email hivemind@mvgc.net and I'll be happy to get you guys what you need.

[Oh, and Saturday morning watching Dren try to gank the Prince from Dogs of War? Priceless... We were discussing it and suddenly he's running to their encampment with weapons drawn.]

I would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kids...

Apparently his 'body guard' was in a tent not 10 paces away from me. If I was any less honorable, I would have ganked the Prince when he was at his car instead of waiting. <_>

Awesome. Now that I have that I can get our players in touch with you for their weapon needs. We still have some comparison testing to do [i'm holding onto the argument that ultra-lights are lighter anyhow, so using a latex does not grant you any particular advantage over a traditional boffer.] but a good deal of the clubs, hammers, and axes are go anyhow. The swords were simply the cause for concern, as some of our players can swing a bit wildly while fighting.

The Prince would have been a dead man walking if he hadn't gone OOG to go to bed. That irked us all something fierce. That's like being able to call a time out in football right before getting sacked.

Awesome. Now that I have that I can get our players in touch with you for their weapon needs. We still have some comparison testing to do [i'm holding onto the argument that ultra-lights are lighter anyhow, so using a latex does not grant you any particular advantage over a traditional boffer.] but a good deal of the clubs, hammers, and axes are go anyhow. The swords were simply the cause for concern, as some of our players can swing a bit wildly while fighting.

Well, the Forgotten Dreams weapons come in at around a half-pound for all the long swords. Most round burrito boffers can't come in any lower than that anyways. I've always felt that lighter weapons = safer weapons anyways.