hivemind

[Restoration] Some of these spells suck ass

Second Breath might also be copyrighted by White Wolf, for anyone that cares.

Unless it's for a similar thing (very similar) it's not an issue.

I think I like everything except group heal. I have never seen that as a particularly useful spell. Dropping it down a level makes it a little more attractive.... but in two years of playing I've yet to see an instance where Group Heal would actually be useful.

To be honest I think I would only ever buy that spell simply to finish out the restoration tree.

The only, most useful "group" spell I've ever seen is the horn that casts magic armor in a 10' radius on anyone not holding a weapon.

Can we make a restoration spell like that?

I'm not sure what sort of buff spell we could come up with that wouldn't overlap with another tree.

Most of the ones that come readily to mind are already covered in the aegis tree.

Just a thought though...

What if Group Heal was changed to keep the effect the same, as in it would still cast Heal Body for a 10' radius, but perhaps add a timer delay to it. Instead of going off instantly it's good for 10 minutes, hour, a GD... something like that.

Something like this might have more use especially given the amount of 'epic' battles we've seen as of late.

Heading off to fight the big bad evil dark fae? Have a healer cast Group Heal before combat starts to help combatants stay up a little longer. In the long run this might also help said healer save points. Sending x amount of points now to prevent 5+ later from coming asking for a Heal Body later might increase the draw.

Though now this has been moved down to lvl 3 this suggestion seems like it could get over powered. But there would always be the chance of the healer casting it to soon and the group not reaching the battle/not starting the battle until after time was up on the spell.

Also an issue of how to show such an spell in effect. I'd probably not use a blue strip. A blue flag does signify a magical effect, however often such flags are used for Magic Shield or the various other buff spells. I'd say maybe a white flag to show that this spell is in effect and after the player uses the stored spell they simply remove the flag to show the Heal Body has taken place.

Depending on the duration set to this, if actually decided upon, that would be another avenue of abuse. It is often quite hard to tell how long it actually takes before 10 minutes has passed if you haven't s time piece. Other increments seem hard for some as an hour can be jammed pack and seem to fly by or be very leisurely and seem to drag on forever.

Anyway... just a thought I had tonight as I was re-reading some threads..... damn insomnia.

Edit: if this actually went through I'd like to see the name of the spell changed a little to reflect the different effect. Though right now I can't think of a very good name.

Suggestion I got from Rick.

Spell pops on first damage dealing hit to the body.

Really awesome if that first hit is for 4.... not so much if it's for 1. Also makes it so the person affected can't pick and choose when to blow the spell.

Although the style and description are different, this sounds like it would work in effect as a mass magic armor spell to preemptively negate hits on the target. Probably not the direction we want to go with this.