Sign in to follow this  
Kender

Clash of Kings (Oct 23-25)

After having a great time at Badon Hill, I thought I'd make another stab at getting some more KoN'ers out to a DAG event.

We (Winterfell) are hosting an event at VK. It'll be a great time, and we're expecting a pretty good turnout. If you're interested and you've come out with us before, you should show up. it's on our home turf, and you'll have a blast.

If you've never been to a dag event, you should daytrip on Saturday. You'll see most of the fighting, it's not very far at all, and you'll have a blast.

If you're in the Cairnhold Legion, you should show up or we'll tear you apart to make new zombies.

If you like fighting, show up. If you're just curious about why we say they're very different games, show up.

I won't guarantee a good time, but I will guarantee that they're "our people" and you'll like most Dag people.

"A Clash of Kings" - October 23rd to the 25th

Winterfell will be holding our first weekend event on the weekend of October 23rd to the 25th. The location is Vanderkamp Center in Clevelend, New York (yes, Cleveland, NY), north of Syracuse. It's a large campground with 6 cabins available, that sleep 10 each, and lots of space for tents. It also features a very large field and lots of wooded land (there WILL be woods battles).

Costs:

$15 per person admission fee

$10 for a bunk in one of the cabins (first come, first served)

$15 to set up a tent (others staying in the tent only need pay the admission fee)

Units can reserve a cabin for the weekend at a cost of $100. Cabins can sleep up to 10 people.

Pre-registration will also reserve you a seat (and food) at the feast Saturday night.

There will be 4 teams for the weekend. Some battles will put more than 1 team together. Other battles will be each team for itself. As much as possible, teams will be determined by unit affiliation, with a mind to keeping units from the same chapter/realm on the same team.

Along with all of the battles, we're trying to plan a little something in the way of entertainment between battles. One of the cabins will be used as a "Tavern" where people will be free to gather and hang out.

The fine print -

The owners of the campground have a few rules that aren't "obvious".

#1 - Shoes/boots/sandals/some type of footwear is required at all times when outside of buildings.

#2 - The site is not a "dry" site, but they do require discretion. Drinking is allowed within structures, but not out in the open. All containers (including empties) need to be taken home by whoever brought them in.

#3 - The campsite is owned by a Christian group. As such, foul language should be avoided, as well as anything that would be outright offensive.

Pre-registration is open until October 1st. Only admission needs to be sent in for pre-registration. For more information, feel free to check the Winterfell forums at: http://www.winterfell-dagorhir.com/cgi-bin...?b-LocalEvents/ or email me at winterfell@dagorhir.com. Payments can be sent to the same address through Paypal.

Thanks Dan for posting that. I had assumed that I already had, but looking back, I somehow missed it.

This really should be a good time, with lots of fighting, very little down time, no need for NPCs, and some good hang-out time afterward. Even if you're not into fighting, watching people get mashed can be fun as well.

Hey Legion guys! I need to know who of you wants to eat the feast at this event. I need a headcount to give Vanderkamp. I need to know tonight.

There's 4 from the Legion that are pre-registered, and thus signed up for the feast. They are:

Dave

Dan

Will

Randy

I plan to attend the morning and the fighting but not eating or camping out.

FEAST! Sure I'll eat there.

More raffle prizes:

cokbelt.jpg

pouch1.jpg

pouch2.jpg

pouch3.jpg

pouch4.jpg

Not the pinnacle of leatherworking art by any means, but given the state of most Dagorhirrim garb, it's a huge upgrade for most people...

Unfortunately I have contracted a severe case of the puke 'n shits and will not be more than 20' from a toilet this weekend. I am sorry but our COK just got smaller :blink:

Immodium, let's go!

Yes, quite a bit.

Did it rain on you guys?

the weather rained on us

... we rained destruction and death upon our enemies!

and I think our MVA rained his plague down onto me.

Oh man. It's totally weird seeing Dag people fighting in "Pinedale".

Oh man. It's totally weird seeing Dag people fighting in "Pinedale".

you didn't see any of the tackles, or when five of us held down a guy in a kilt so will could hit him :blink:

Yea im going back to the doctor. I honestly think i have the swine flu. No joke involved. I've gotten flu meds and gnuemonia meds and im still sick.

I'm sick as shit, saw my doctor Friday he says it's just a cold...