Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

Ragnarok 2010

Dagorhir,

Thanks for your patience, we can now announce some official information about Ragnarok XXV!

Ragnarok will be held at Cooper's Lake Campground in Slippery Rock, PA, the week of June 13th-20th, 2010. I realize these dates contradict earlier information I had received from the campground and passed on to you guys, but situations change, and in this case they changed for the better. The campground will be closed to mundanes for this week, giving us prime camping space, which should allow for 50-75% of camps to have access to power hookups, and 100% of camps to have running water. There will not be a noise restriction. It looks like the price increase will be minimal, hopefully only a $10 increase, with a possible discount for pre-registration. Final prices will be announced soon, and pre-reg will be open by December 1st. Merchant pre-registration information will be posted within the next month.

As mentioned before, Cooper's Lake does not allow pets at this event, and minors are only allowed if their parent or permanent legal guardian is on site. Early arrival to the event is difficult. There are two groups sharing Cooper's Lake the weekend before Rag, scheduled to leave on Sunday before we open troll. Ragnarok is allowed a small group to be onsite to set up, but your name must be included on a written list we will submit to the campground, and even then you will probably not be able to set up in your official campsite.

If you have to show up early to Cooper's Lake and are not on the approved list, it is possible to do so, but it will cost you $30/person/night ($15/minor) in addition to the normal Rag fees.

We have separate, easily accessible fields for day battles (with the permanent castle, of course) night battles (with two light towers this year) and woods battles. The walk from the furthest away campsite to the castle at the back of the battlefield will be 1/2 mile (same distance as black company to troll at the previous site), but if that is too much for you, there will be shuttles available from the campsites to the battlefield and back. We will have access to two permanent shower houses, total of 8-10 stalls for men and women. There are many other fantastic amenities and additions to next year's rag I will share later, as well as additional rules and regulations. I look forward to seeing all of you on the field, and off of it as well as we celebrate the silver anniversary of the end of the world.

Regards,

Tannhauser

OK, this is it. Rag is THE BIG SHOW for Dagorhir. You need to go. Plan now, save money, get time off, whatever you need to do - but plan to be there.

I has an interested.

we have a lot of practicing to do between then and now.

It's also a WEEK of fighting, so spare garb is a necessity. We can bring some soap and a washtub and do out own laundry and hang it to dry if we have to.

Also, it's at the Pennsic site, so it's huge, with awesome varied terrain, and a castle... :D

And they've been given permission to make doors for the castle that can be literally bashed down. Some kind of padded door type thing. Should be pretty awesome.

It's also a WEEK of fighting, so spare garb is a necessity. We can bring some soap and a washtub and do out own laundry and hang it to dry if we have to.

Well there is usually a laundromat within 10-20 minutes of the site, and Ragnarok has "sloth day" (usually wednesday or thursday) where battles are spares and not really offical, so people can go and make trips to the near by city for laundry and shopping.

June 13th-20th, 2010

JIM, or someone near Jim, this is the week you're looking for when you plan your vacation.

I took this week off, right out from under an 8 months pregnant co-worker who asked that nobody take that week so she can be in her brother's out of town wedding. I guess that means I'm going. Seniority FTW.

Time to revisit this, as we're much, much closer now.

I think we should bring the GP tent. There's enough of us to get it down and put it back up when we get back (and it really doesn't need to be back up until first Friday in September), so why don't we bring it and just all camp in that? I can get it on the roof of the van if no one is bringing a truck. In fact, if it looks like we'll need it, I'll put a trailer hitch on the van and borrow a trailer from my dad.

I think we ought to parcel out responsibilities. Those would include:

Operations (getting our reservations in, directions, general coordination)

Camp Master (general encampment layout, setup and takedown, supervise cleanup)

Food Coordinator (plan meals, assign people to buy groceries)

Bartender (make sure we don't run out of beer, liquor and ice)

What else? Obviously I'll take care of Operations. Whoever is the Bartender needs a car and needs to be 21.

Oh, and anyone who wants to come is welcome. There's a lot going on at Ragnarok - vendors, arts and sciences classes, and just lots of good people and good parties. There's probably 2000+ people, but only 1500 or so fighters, so there's always people hanging out. Just let us know so we can plan the space.

I would be willing to take the responsibility of camp master. blue prints and a list of what we need

I'm looking into borrowing a trailer from my dad for the week, so you might not need to drive that gas guzzler.

Apparently there's some sort of "land grab" so I'd suggest you start reading the national forums, and asking people like Rich and Mirelle.

Ok so i have to email rag and let them know we are coming and she will let us pick out a site, this site will be used in the future so we need to pick a good one. The earlier we get it the better the site will be. Do we want to be by anyone in particular?

We are the Winterfell camp as well, so get us near Narnia/Tartarus Invictus and near the battlegrounds.

ok she got back to me and said that they will send out more info on the land grabs will be sent out to all camp masters closer to the event.

Reminder to myself: we'll need to get a cord of wood from my pops. Wood on-site will be stupid expensive.

I can help with wood if need be I have 500+ acres of woods to take from so ya.