Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

Ragnarok 2010

The undead only share after we've conquered. All will be assimilated. ;)

Are you guys traveling through Rochester by any chance?

I'm hoping to have the trebuchet done by Ragnarok, and if it is, I'd like to bring it down. I might need trailer space to get it down there though. I'm hoping to build it in pieces so it's easy to travel with, but that may not work out as well as I hope.

Yes we are. However, the trailer looks pretty full, what with the tent, bar, AC, grill, etc.

Some new info for you guys.

New information on mid-week discounts:

Beginning Thursday June 17th at 6AM, the price drops to

$35 adults / $20 minors

On Friday at 6AM, price drops to

$30 adults / $15 minors

On Saturday the price is

$20 adults / $10 minors

Some new info for you guys.

New information on mid-week discounts:

Beginning Thursday June 17th at 6AM, the price drops to

$35 adults / $20 minors

On Friday at 6AM, price drops to

$30 adults / $15 minors

On Saturday the price is

$20 adults / $10 minors

What does that mean for those of us planning to show up late Friday night? Will we be registering the following morning, or do we need to register for Friday as well in order to be camped there that night?

I think they're gonna send you straight to troll, and so nip you for $30. Unless they're calling after midnight Saturday. Hell, I dunno...

What does that mean for those of us planning to show up late Friday night? Will we be registering the following morning, or do we need to register for Friday as well in order to be camped there that night?

It depends truthfully, I'd say for safety's sake e-mail Vanissa and ask her. Thats the only way you'll get a strait answer.

I don't think it's worth the ten bucks to even go down that road.

Looked at the trailer again today. It's pretty good sized; we won't have any issues fitting tent+poles+bar+grill+kegs+gear on it.

HOLY SHIT IT'S 20 DAYS AWAY OQJWEROTJo*^*&%*%*&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, U-Haul doesn't have the frigging hitch I need in stock. They can't get it until next Wednesday, so we need to decide if we want to go to Vanderkamp to pack up the tent and bar on Friday night or Saturday morning.

I don't care, so pick.

I just got word from my boss, Xerox needs me too much to let me be gone during Ragnarok. So, regrettably, I will not be camping with you guys for the earlier part of the week. As much as I'd like to go, it's not worth losing my job over. There's always next year.

Here is the current plan:

1. GET YOUR SHIT DONE THIS WEEK! If you have *anything* that needs doing, do not plan to be able to do it Saturday.

2. Thursday night I need everyone except broken Dan at my house at 5:30 PM. We will be piling in the van to go to my parent's house to pick up the trailer, then on to Vanderkamp to get the tent and bar. This will go a hell of a lot better if there's six of us. Doing this with just me and Brett is not an option. Dan's broken and I assume Jim won't read this, so that leaves Wayde, Jimmy, Brett, Scotty, Jordan and me to get it done. On the way back, we will go by Dan's house to get the AC unit.

3. Saturday morning Dan and Jordan depart for Rag to get us a pimp campsite. Our priorities should be, in this order: proximity to electricity, proximity to water, proximity to people we like, proximity to bathhouse, proximity to fighting field, proximity to barn, distance from interstate. I'll be sending all the shields and gear I can with them in Dan's station wagon. Good luck guys!

4. Saturday afternoon, people should be gathering at my house by 1 PM. We need to get all gear loaded into the van, get the grill on the trailer, get everything on the trailer strapped down and covered, and get beer and groceries. Bring some cash, because you'll all need to kick in your share of the groceries. As I said previously, I suspect it'll be around $30 a head.

5. We need to figure out who else is driving. Scotty's mom has tightened the apron strings and forbidden him from driving his car. Wayde and Jimmy have trucks, and we can't afford that kinda gas. Dan and Jordan are gone in Dan's car. Brett has a bicycle. That means Jim will need to drive. He told me before he was confident in his vehicle and didn't have an issue with driving, so he's elected. He'll need to take two others with him, and leave a seat open for Will. I have Will's shield here already, so he'll have is his clothes and camping gear, and we need to leave enough room in Jim's trunk for that stuff. This means I take two+me in the van.

6. Sunday morning we depart my house at 0800. On the way through Rochester, we peel off one vehicle to go pick up Will. I'll keep going with the trailer, because I think I can only go about 65 with it.

5. We need to figure out who else is driving. Scotty's mom has tightened the apron strings and forbidden him from driving his car. Wayde and Jimmy have trucks, and we can't afford that kinda gas. Dan and Jordan are gone in Dan's car. Brett has a bicycle. That means Jim will need to drive. He told me before he was confident in his vehicle and didn't have an issue with driving, so he's elected. He'll need to take two others with him, and leave a seat open for Will. I have Will's shield here already, so he'll have is his clothes and camping gear, and we need to leave enough room in Jim's trunk for that stuff. This means I take two+me in the van.

This is no longer a problem, I can now drive, so we can take my car.

Did you guys know this? I didn't

from http://www.einherjarsvalhalla.com/ragnarok/faq.html

HERALDS & WEAPONS-CHECKERS

Every Dagorhir Chapter is required to provide veteran heralds according to the following scale, based on the number of participants attending Ragnarok:

0-4 Participants from the Chapter -- no Heralds/Weapons Checkers required

5-20 Participants -- At least One Herald and One Weapons-check staff person each day

Each Additional Increment of 20 participants (21-40, 41-60, etc.) -- At least One additional Herald and One additional Weapons check person.

Ragnarok is a big event. To ensure its success, we must all pitch in.

The amount of heralds needed has been clarified to be one herald per 20 fighters. So, we don't technically need to provide any.

That said, I think we should be providing one every day, so if you're not fighting that day, do not expect to get to sleep it off - you will be in a yellow tabard on the field.

Dan, let's have you attend the herald meeting on Sunday night, and plan to herald Monday. After that we'll play it by ear.

can we see some pics of the event anywhere?