Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

CoK Snipe Hunt

So, here's what I think we'll do for this.

Players will divide themselves into teams of no more than eight players.

Each player will be given a respawn token.

At 9 PM, players will venture forth into the woods at night to hunt "snipe". They will, in fact, find bands of undead, kasvacs, trolls, ogres, and so forth.

Each monster will have it's own respawn token. Players will loot these tokens after killing monsters. Monsters cannot loot tokens. When a monster dies, it is done for the night, but if the monster player wants, he can return to Troll (Logistics) and get a second token to fight on. I don't want to send monsters out with a pile of tokens, or they'll get camped.

If a player dies, he can go to Troll, turn in a token, and respawn. No token = wait for your team to get some, or you're done for the night.

Healing magic can be accomplished by your Healer. Each group gets a healer. Healer gets three bandages. Bandages fix dead people. Healer can also use a Dag healing poem. Healing poem can only be used to fix lost limbs and fix broken shields, armor and equipment. Groups can buy more bandages for 2 tokens per bandage.

At midnight, the team with the most tokens wins the game, and gets a prize.

Monsters:

Band of Undead: 5-6 undead, 5 Body each

Pack of Kasvacs: 3-4 kasvacs, 8 Body each

Ogres: 2 ogres, 10 body each, hit for red

Troll under the bridge: 1 troll, 10 Body, hits for red

Thoughts? How will the players break this? What other monsters can we put out?

PvP for the win. I wish I could make it out that night.

Sounds good I will be heading up early to help out. (since i don't have to work friday) Any help you need just let me know.

Love it. Sounds good to me. Also I have a cool demon mask we can use for boss type. I will be using it at Hiveminds House of Horrors.

I would recommend against Player vs. Player. It's against the flavor the competition. It'll turn into more of players killing other players and ignoring the monsters.

I'd like to make it so that PvP is self-correcting. If we make it so that you can't loot tokens from players, only monsters, then there shouldn't be any incentive to attack players, and no gain from doing so.

The winner should be the team with the most tokens and players on there team, because people could sack players to save tokens.

If you can't loot tokens from players but you can still kill them, then you would still want to kill them as it reduces their total score.

Yep. :)

How do we discourage PvP while not disallowing it either?

eh, make it so tokens belong to the unit, rather than the individual.

blue bags :)

Well I think the parties would have to weigh if it was worth risking their own team members to weaken another team. I think it would be foolish to attack another team because you could loose people in the battle which would make it hard for you to kill the monsters. So I think their is a fair balance.

What about if you make it so that the (non-existent) snipe has a butt-load of tokens, like 30 or something. That would encourage the players to spend more time looking and less time on PvP.

Then people would fight carelessly and just worry about rushing into battle and trying to find the most monsters because it doesn't matter if they lose half their guys in one battle as long as they get through it fast. You figure their will be more than one monster in most encounters, so 3-4 tokens per encounter should be good.

If you die to a player, you dont lose a token... if you die to a monster, you do lose a token... PVP is still allowed, and they would only want to kill other players to stop them from getting to other monsters.

Dont know how many marshals and refs you have to make sure this is enforced though.

if you want an RP reason for the senario... the mosnters have soul stealing swords or enchantments or something.. players dont.

If you die to a player, you dont lose a token

That was suggested to me by Lance too, and it's probably the right answer. Players that are killed by other players only need to walk back to the respawn, not pay a token.

I'd like to come but I didn't pre-register. Is that a problem? I'd also be fine with coming early to help with setup, but I'd need to know how early you'd want us there.

I'd like to come but I didn't pre-register. Is that a problem? I'd also be fine with coming early to help with setup, but I'd need to know how early you'd want us there.

it's not a problem, but i think you can't eat at the feast saturday, and we might run into a bunk limitation.

Snipe hunt starts at 9, with monsters there an hour beforehand.

The bunk thing would be a problem. My tent's in Canada.

The bunk thing would be a problem. My tent's in Canada.

if you can sleep in a tent you can sleep on the floor of a cabin.

Not really; I use an air mattress in the tent. It's not that I mind sleeping on the floor, so much as I end up staying up all night. I honestly cannot fall asleep on the floor.

Not really; I use an air mattress in the tent. It's not that I mind sleeping on the floor, so much as I end up staying up all night. I honestly cannot fall asleep on the floor.

I imagine that if you ask real nice I could pack an air mattress for you.

I imagine that if you ask real nice I could pack an air mattress for you.

Pretty please? With sugar on top?

Pretty please? With sugar on top?

I'll see if I can dig one out of storage.

I'll also offer you one of my zombies. they're small and don't take up much of the bunk, you could share.

I don't think the bunk thing is an issue. We have 72 bunks we can fill. We're only currently looking at 60ish people.

hopefully we don't have another 2 dozen people show up assuming there will be space in the cabins, and without tents...