ubergeek2012

2 Spells per level?

While we're talking about shuffling around spells, is there any reason to strictly hold to the standard of 2 spells per level per school? I think that's a good minimum but if we get a good idea for a new spell that would expand some school's level to 3 spells, why not add one?

There isnt a reason- just keep in mind that if we give more choice in one school and not others it will potentially make that school more popular than the others. The only other thing I would add is we dont want to go overboard with spells- every player should know the effects of every spell in the game- I don't want to end up like D&D where we need to spend 5 min looking up the effect of an seldom used spell in a huge list.

I'm not sure how much I like this idea but I'll throw it out anyway. What if we made it easier to cross class with spells, for example if you have a level 5 spell in one class you can jump over to any other class starting at level 2 or 3. Problem is that players could get way to powerful, but it makes sense that if you are a great spell caster in one class that you could go into another class without starting at the begining. Perhaps spells cost an extra power point if you don't have the prerequisite.

I like the idea of having more spells, or at least having some crossover, but I understand that it would become more of a nightmere for newbies than it already is.

I like the idea of fitting spells that got dropped on the cutting room floor into the game.

The only problem would be maintaining balance between schools, and making sure we don't overdo it.

I'm not sure how much I like this idea but I'll throw it out anyway. What if we made it easier to cross class with spells, for example if you have a level 5 spell in one class you can jump over to any other class starting at level 2 or 3. Problem is that players could get way to powerful, but it makes sense that if you are a great spell caster in one class that you could go into another class without starting at the begining. Perhaps spells cost an extra power point if you don't have the prerequisite.

Actually, is doesn't make any sense at all. Why, if I happen to spend my days mastering the ways of Aegis magic, know necromancy at all?. This is a whole new idea for a whole new thread, that you probably shouldn't make

As we're a classless system, the entire concept of 'cross-class' anything is flawed.

Clearly he means cross-school.

We've been talking off and on about doing *something* if a player takes all 10 spells in a school, but we've never agreed one way or another on it.

I think it would be neat, though.

We've been talking off and on about doing *something* if a player takes all 10 spells in a school, but we've never agreed one way or another on it.

That's a cool idea. I think it needs its own thread. I'm on it! (when I get the chance)