Coroth

[Enchantment] Magic hands, Greater magic hands Suck!

Time for the next great spell debate- I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever take magic hands and/or greater magic hands (sorry Dan!) So lets fix em.

My proposals

replace magic hands with Imbue weapon- enchants the weapon with the power of magic- will strike for magic damage for 10 min

replace Greater magic hands with Stoneskin - the recipient of the spell becomes more resistant to damage and will take 1 less point of damage from any source for 10 min. This effect will not reduce damage to 0 (you will always take a minimum for 1 point from a hit.)

Rip em apart!

No need to apologize, I just thought it'd be a good spell to compare with Magic Hands :)

Howabout a 'Fork' spell? The spell, when cast, allows another spell caster to cast a single spell for double the effect. 10 mins becomes 20 minutes. 2 tag bags becomes 4. Etc. I might lobby to have this spell be unable to affect yourself, as it's so powerful. Have to have someone else cast it on you?

/brainstorming

I think a spell that lets you swing for magic damage is stepping on battle magic's toes.

Stoneskin could atleast use a paint job to make it less nature sounding.

I think that Magic hands might get used more if the duration was day length instead of 10 minutes. I know I'd use it on the alt I'm planning.

If swinging for magic damage is battle magic then what is swinging for elven steel?

If swinging for magic damage is battle magic then what is swinging for elven steel?

Enchantment, aka, rubbing Alia's belly for luck.

And thats a bad thing?

Instead of magic damage, what if it was a silver enchant?

Not bad.

So put the "hits for silver damage" spell at level two, move Enhance Armor to level 1 (it's underutilized as far as I can tell) and shitcan Magic Hands.

Sounds good, what about stoneskin? any changes?

Not sure if I would spend the points on that if I was planning on nabbing Enchant Weapon at the next level. It does make sense as a build up to Enchant Weapon though I suppose.

-Brian

I was thinking the same thing, but it dose introduce some power saving possibilities- right now if you are fighting a creature that requires silver your only option is enchant weapon/greater enchant weapon, with this spell in that situation you have the option to use enchant silver? and save 1 power point.

hmmm there aren't that many things that require Elvensteel in the majority of cases silver is enough. Does that make the proposed enchant too attractive?

I dont think so, it gives choices- if you don't think you will be fighting things that require elven steel you could chose eldric dart- especially if we buff it (something that I think we need to look at) and get greater enchant at lvl 5. Also elven steel will allow you to hit for magic damage while silver will not.

I think Eldritch Dart is ok. 4 Elven Steel spacket to all targets, yes?

Enchantment, aka, rubbing Alia's belly for luck.

Yay, I'm a lucky rabbit! As long as people don't steal my foot... Anyway, if you want to replace magic/greater magic hands with something worth taking, I would suggest something more useful than silver enchant. I agree with brian, in that there's no point in buying a silver enchant when you want to build up to greater enchant weapon. You need something as useful as dispel that can help a person in a way that greater enchant weapon can't. It needs to be worth the points and so far it's not.

I don't see how a level 2 all-day "silver" enchant somehow isn't worth it. That's like saying heal limb/purify spirit/heal mortal wound all aren't worth it because of panacea. Foolishness!

For level four, what about a physical reflection? Reflect the first strike against you back to the attacker's limb?

I like the idea of a silver enchantment spell, as well as the stone skin idea. What if we changed shaddow skin to either a level 4 spell or make it last for say half an hour, I mean it's a sweet spell but it's not on par with greater enchant weapon. Perhaps we could move it down to level four, and make stone skin level five and last the game day.

Instead of something clunky like "Take one less point of damage, minimum 1"... What if stoneskin did just that, granted natural armor +4 for ten minutes? (Max 5 armor, counting physical and helms)

I imagine that +2 would be better, though this probably overlaps with enhance armor a bit too much.

Is it too complicated if it grants +4 armor, and the armor comes off one point at a time, like monstrous?

I imagine you mean "Take one less damage the next four hits", right?

When I first read your post, I saw "Four points of monstrous armor" which would be rediculous!