Coroth

[Enchantment] Magic hands, Greater magic hands Suck!

When I first read your post, I saw "Four points of monstrous armor" which would be rediculous!

That is what I meant. Make it two then.

And so...

1. Magic Lock - Magically lock a door, window or box on touch, game day duration

1. Enhance Armor - Target touched gains +1 armor points to existing armor, game day duration

2. Enchant Shield - Shield touched is protected against next magical or alchemical attack that impacts it.

2. Silvershine - Melee weapon touched deals silver damage, game day duration

3. Enchant Weapon - Weapon touched deals elven steel damage, 10 minute duration

3. Eldritch Stone - Throw one dart dealing 4 elven steel damage

4. Dispel Magic - Nullifies most magical effects on touch

4. Ablative Armor - Target's armor touched ignores next two damaging attacks against him, game day duration, requires target to be wearing physical armor

5. Wraithbane - Weapon touched does +1 damage and is elven steel, game day duration

5. Shadow Skin - Provides target touched with damage requirement: silver

Enchant shield protects against acid as well?

*nod* Add it to the short descrip for clarification, please.

Thanks, dear.

Looks good though I thought there was talk of moving Dispel down to level 3? Not sure what I would change to make it fit either so I'm ok with it this way.

-Brian

Ablative armor: Do we want this to count as "Armor" or to simply absorb the next two strikes? How does it interract with the battle magic "Ignores monstrous" dart? How does it react with hand of death?

Ablative armor: Do we want this to count as "Armor" or to simply absorb the next two strikes? How does it interract with the battle magic "Ignores monstrous" dart? How does it react with hand of death?

I would think that anything armor skipping would get past it as it's something that's enchanting your physical armor. I could go either way on the ignore monstrous dart.

-Brian

"Armor Skipping" goes past it.

"Ignores Monstrous" does not.

Dispel is still a tag-bag, yes?

Silvershine being game day still seems really long, and really really powerful. 2 power and now you can kill ghouls, lycanthropes, vampires... all day.

Crap, I might buy some magic... and my PC hates the stuff.

we're giving battle magic a "magic damage" all day spell for what, 3 power?

we're giving battle magic a "magic damage" all day spell for what, 3 power?

True, it just seems to me that lacing a weapon with magic all day should be easier than transmuting it to silver.

Silver seems more niche and were-wolves and vampires are scarier than elementals. Theres plenty of other ways to deal magic damage. Silver seems like it should be harder to come by.

Also in item creation silver weapons are twice as hard to produce (and twice as costly). Why ever buy a silver shortsword when 2 power gets me the effect anyway? At least magic is a logical requirement for weaponsmiths tolace spells into their crafts.

If no one else has a problem I'll concede.

No, you're making good points. It may be too much. Mike's argument about it making Shadowskin far less cool is a good one as well.

That was my vision when I proposed the magic damage buff, so Im good with 10min- it is still a good spell for lvl 2.

I concur on 10 min. Its only a 2nd level spell and that will get you through a werewolf or two.