Sign in to follow this  
hivemind

2010 Event Schedule

Here it is. Once again, if you consider yourself a part of the Cairnhold Legion, please plan to be at these events. Put them in your phone, on your calendar, WTFever, but please don't make me have to keep handing out personal invitations...

Father Christmas VI: Saturday, January 23rd - Saint Paul's Lutheran Church, 53 West Falls Road West Falls, New York 14170

http://www.winterfell-dagorhir.com/cgi-bin...1257491291/s-0/

Kicking it Old School: Saturday, March 13th - Tartarus Invictus day battle at Chestnut Ridge Park in Orchard Park, NY Event Canceled!

Lostwithiel Field Battle & Pageant: March 20, 2010 from 12pm to 4pm - Local day battle at the Parkway Rec Center - http://lostwithieldagorhir.ning.com/events...-battle-pageant

SIMCON Demo: SUNDAY March 28th, 2010 from noon to 4 - A few hours of fighting, indoors on campus in a big room. This is our first planned official event of the year. As usual, I will NOT check for name badges for those that participate.

NoobieCon Demo: April 10th - MVCC, Utica, 2-5 PM. In conjunction with the Lostwithiel Chapter

Tir na nOg Battle: April 30 - May 2, 2010 - this is a battle put on by a unit in Anvard, and it'll be held somewhere in the Glens Falls area. It's a campout with no facilities, so maybe we day-trip this one.

Iron Hills Clan day battle (near Erie, PA): Saturday May 15 - Event cost is $5 including dinner. Caravan departs House Hivemind @ 0700.

A Game of Thrones: May 23th, 2010 - This is a full day of fighting at Ellison Park. There's likely to be a cookout after this event. This is also the pre-Ragnarok Winterfell event.

Ragnarok XXV: June 13-20 - Cooper's Lake Campground, 205 Currie Road, Slippery Rock, PA 16057, 724-368-8710

http://www.einherjarsvalhalla.com/ragnarok/ragnarok.html

A Feast for Crows: July 11th, 2010 - Another full day of fighting at Ellison Park. Lots of fast-paced resurrection battles intended.

Festival of the Horn and Blade: July 24, 2010 - Lostwithiel campout in Verona, NY

Mysterious Tartarus Invictus Event: August 14, 2010 - Something...

A Storm of Swords: September 12th (or 19th), 2010 - We'll head back to the woods in Ellison Park for a full day of fighting. If possible, we'll arrange for a vehicle to be able to move gear back to the woods so people don't have to cart it all back and forth.

Badon Hill V: September 23-26 - Pioneer Park Campground in Somerset, PA

A Clash of Kings: October 8th-10th(11th?), 2010 - The annual weekend event for Winterfell. As Columbus Day is Monday, perhaps we'll see about making this a Friday-to-Monday event. Lots of fighting. Feast. Woods battles. Bridge Battle.

A Dance with Dragons: November 14th, 2010 - Thinking possibly a large-field/woods old-school style capture the flag game in Greece Canal Park.

Great Turkey War: November 20th, 2010 - Lostwithiel event and feast at the UU Church in Utica.

Aaaaaaaand.... that's it for now. More to come once groups start posting up their stuff. Plan on Brushwoods, 1-2 Tartarus Invictus events, Badon Hill, and whatever Lostwithiel comes up with locally. I think we can skip the field trips to Taurendor and Novi Antiqui this year, but we oughtta go visit Anvard once or twice.

So Dave, I'll be back in NY starting in Jan. What do I need to do to get in on this?

What kind of fighter do you guys need?

You need to wear black and show up. We'll figure out where you fit in after that. Most of us fill two roles now, a primary and a secondary, depending on organizational needs that day. Like, I prefer to shoot people in the face now, but I'll go on the shield wall if needed, and if that's not needed I'll crush people with my halberd.

I have two roles.

I hit people with my sword

and I block for the spearmen.

Thanks to the retards who run NoobieCon, we are double-booked for that day.

UBCon is a much bigger event, probably 60 people or so. We get to fight Narnia, Rome, Selinor, etc.

NoobieCon is local, we might get some recruits out of it, and there's also a KoN fighter practice there.

Show of hands, who wants to to NoobieCon, and who wants to drive to Buffalo for UBCon.

We decided on a booth for Noobiecon only, but their is a dag demo.

So i will be unable to attend Tir na nOg Battle because of tennis regionals. you guys have fun though. I hear it is going to be a good amount of people going.

The date for A Game of Thrones has been pushed back a week; the new date is reflected above.

Thanks for posting this. I hope this doesn't make it so people are less able to make it. We're hoping for a whopping good turnout.

I'll be there, assuming I can get a lift like last time. I know some of the auburn guys are gonna go, so I will of course try to get a lift from them first.

Reminder: this Sunday there is a Winterfell event in Rochester.

The Winterfell event this month got canceled due to lack of interest. It would have ended up being the Legion fighting 3 people from Rochester. Sorry. I thought that was well known. I announced the intention of the November event at Clash of Kings and everyone sounded very disinterested.

For the record, the game was going to be large-scale capture the flag, all day long.

You guys are more than welcome to come out and roll the practice. It would be nice to have more veterans out for a change... but I understand it's a long drive to go to a practice.

It's to far for a daytrip from Albany. I'll be visiting my parents anyway this weekend.

so we are going to the turkey fest thing and not the buffalo thing right?

November - Battle of the Bandit King

When: Due to a prior obligation on our first date of choice, we will be running this battle on November 20th. We understand this conflicts with Turkey War, but don't have much choice in the matter. If this results in lower attendance for this event, it's understood. If this happens to draw attendance away from Turkey War, we apologize in advance.

Where: Hamburg Community Center, Park area next to the Center itself.

Schedule: Weapons check will start at eleven, with fighting to start at approx. noon.

Battles - We'll be looking to run themed versions of the following battles. Vague descriptions below, full story @ the battle. That way, if weather kills us, we can keep our awesome story for another time.

- Knights vs Peasants - Everyone will get a chance to experience the battle from both sides, so we'll be running this multiple times. There are some special circumstances involved, so this won't be everyone just taking turns on their knees. Mostly.

- Objective Capture - Similar to a Capture the Flag, except with buildings. This will be a two team, timed battle. Both teams will get a chance to try their hand at stealing stuff.

- Altered Bridge Battle - Two team bridge battle, with some twists. Get in a tight spot and you'll slow everyone down. Both teams will get a turn at being a speedbump.

- King Battle - There will be Kings. Kill one and hope he's the real one and not a decoy. He's a devious one, he is...

Additional battles in-between, but these are the ones we'll definitely run (time allowing). We'll also have some warmup battles etc, standard battle stuff.

Just saying though, go to the Turkey War, we didn't wanna compete with it on dates and attendance.

I'd rather drive 20 minutes than three hours.

Plus I have a vague sense of owing them a visit since they came to KoN.